Switching to Verizon iPhone4 or????

conan1071

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
My first post and I searched for this answer with no luck.

I have a blackberry with Verizon and I like it a lot. Mostly use email, phone, and text.

I have been through 5 bold's in the past 2 months due to issues.

Thinking of going iPhone, used the droid and battery was horrid.

How is the iPhone for email? I have 2 yahoo emails and 2 gmails on my blackberry. I like that I can delete on device and the email stays on the computer. Does iphone do this? How is the reception? Does the Verizon one have the antenna issues like the att iPhone? How is battery life? How long does it take to get used to the keyboard? I use google sync and google maps a lot. Does iPhone support these?

Thanks

Last edited:

Disturbed_Angel

May 7, 2011
Visit site
If you set up the Email accounts as POP access rather than exchange or IMAP, the changes you make to the inbox will only affect the local inbox, AKA, your phone. I set my iPhone up with exchange access for my main gmail account which syncs the email, calendar, and contacts, which made my switch from Android very easy. You do get maps, but no guided navigation from google, but there are other apps that support that, and even some free ones.

munchkinsdad

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I've had BlackBerrys for many years...I finally got tired of ancient tech and switched to iPhone 4. LOVE it!! Sure there are a few quirks, but I will never go back unless RIM overtakes Apple in tech, which I doubt.

vinndy

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I've had BlackBerrys for many years...I finally got tired of ancient tech and switched to iPhone 4. LOVE it!! Sure there are a few quirks, but I will never go back unless RIM overtakes Apple in tech, which I doubt.

X2
I had BB for 5 years and switched recently. It's an awesome device and I have not lost any productivity in email or business use.

Arelunde

May 17, 2011
Visit site
If you set up the Email accounts as POP access rather than exchange or IMAP, the changes you make to the inbox will only affect the local inbox, AKA, your phone. I set my iPhone up with exchange access for my main gmail account which syncs the email, calendar, and contacts, which made my switch from Android very easy. You do get maps, but no guided navigation from google, but there are other apps that support that, and even some free ones.

I second this. Using your Gmail account, even if you don't use Gmail itself for email, works very well and syncs instantly in email, calendar and contacts -- in both directions. You make changes on your iPhone and it syncs with your PC/Mac info, and visa versa. Looks like iOS5 will offer something like this via iCloud.

Learning the iPhone Way is a bit tricky - more restrictions and fewer buttons. However, once you get the hang of it, all works well. Very solid device and OS, especially compared to RIM's products. Apps are well developed and offer more than comparable apps for Android systems, IMO.

_YoKolorMeBadd

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site

I have a blackberry with Verizon and I like it a lot. Mostly use email, phone, and text.

How is the iPhone for email? I have 2 yahoo emails and 2 gmails on my blackberry. I like that I can delete on device and the email stays on the computer. Does iphone do this? How is the reception? Does the Verizon one have the antenna issues like the att iPhone? How is battery life? How long does it take to get used to the keyboard? I use google sync and google maps a lot. Does iPhone support these?

Thanks

I also had the Blackberry Bold too... had issues: freezing, slow internet, battery problems...

1. The iPhone is great for email... U can set it up to push you email every 15 minutes, 30 minutes, hourly or manually. Yes, if you delete an email for your iPhone it will stay on the computer.

2. Reception is pretty good... Again it all depends on how Verizon's service is in your city, town, state.

3. I haven't had any antenna problems with my iPhone 4 like the AT&T iPhones. There are a lot of YouTube videos on this.

4. Battery life is good, depends on how you use your phone.

5. The iPhone has google Maps preinstalled (Maps application). There are also a ton of google apps in the app store.

obutto#IM

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm waiting for my iPhone to come, but I was a hardcore Android user before. I just want to see how iOS runs. Android is really not an open the box and it's perfect OS. It requires time and knowledge to set up the phone to run perfectly. I've used friend's iPhones and got a similar experience to that of my Droid. It's really preference. The Android phones are becoming rather large, which I don't like. However, the 4G availability on Android phones really makes choosing an iPhone over the LTE phones hard.

conan1071

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for your answer. Got the iPhone and attempted to set up as POP email so that I can delete an email on the phone and NOT on gmail. How do I do this?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

Thanks

Verizon bold is bad had 3 all had issues . I really liked my blackberry but I love my iPhone ... Droids are ok but the touch screen on them all ways seemed sub par compared to iPhone.
Email is good if you sync your contacts with gmail on your bb or vzw back up u can import easy but the backup asst only imports on iPhone does not back up or keep them up to date. I suggest gmail as a exchange.
Never no issues with service or reception period .
Battery is as good I not better than my bb and way better than any driod I've seen even with task killers etc. Mine last all day morning till bed but I use alot may be Less more video u watch obviously
Keyboard was not as bad as I thought it took me a couple days but now if I touch a bb I couldn't type to save my life lol

If you go iPhone u won't regret it

And remember there is always a app for that! Funny but no lie!

conan1071

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for everyones answers.

I took the plunge and got an iPhone 4 with Verizon.

How do I set up my gmail and yahoo accounts for POP email so that I can delete on the iPhone and not on the computer???

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for everyones answers.

I took the plunge and got an iPhone 4 with Verizon.

How do I set up my gmail and yahoo accounts for POP email so that I can delete on the iPhone and not on the computer???

In settings on iPhone really easy once u get one you will see it no prob

Coraya

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I had my blackbery for a long time l. I had four for a matter of fact. Email is great but you just have to beal careful with the retrieval or else it'll drain your battery. It doesn't work quite like blackberry. But everyhig else is awesome. I have all yahoo accounts and my battery lasts much linger than any bb I have ever had. Keyboard takes a few days to get use to. You'll be great. Charge it correctly though. Fill and drain for the fury three days. After that do the same once a week. I get 33 hours of battery per charge vs people who don't know how to charge their phone and only get 6 hours. Engadget claims 38 hours of heavy use and they are a very reliable sources

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77