is it possible to have two separate backups - i.e. one for my ipod touch and another for my iphone - on the same computer and itunes? when i plug in my iphone to itunes it wants to sync it to my ipod backup...i would like to keep my ipod setup the way it is and my iphone setup the way it is
    06-02-2011 02:33 AM
    Well yea. They are different devices with different ID's/names, and different apps, so the backups will be different.
    06-02-2011 07:33 AM
    it should be possible because they are two different devices.
    06-02-2011 08:06 AM
    Yep, won't be a problem.
    06-02-2011 09:20 AM
    how do i setup a new backup? i had my ipod backedup...and when i originally setup my iphone i "restored" it from that ipod backup - so itunes recognizes it as an ipod and my ipod as the ipod...does that make sense?
    06-02-2011 01:44 PM
    how do i setup a new backup? i had my ipod backedup...and when i originally setup my iphone i "restored" it from that ipod backup - so itunes recognizes it as an ipod and my ipod as the ipod...does that make sense?
    You have to restore the iphone to factory settings - then you can restore the iphone backup onto it.
    06-02-2011 02:15 PM
    is it possible to have two separate backups - i.e. one for my ipod touch and another for my iphone - on the same computer and itunes? when i plug in my iphone to itunes it wants to sync it to my ipod backup...i would like to keep my ipod setup the way it is and my iphone setup the way it is
    All devices sync independently and have their own backups.
    06-02-2011 02:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD