GIVE AWAY: White iPhone 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

crystus

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
The owner of a company that I worked for expensed his power bill, cable bill, insurance payment, and $1500 for an online poker tournament. Did he win? He was up until he went all in then lost it to a girl with pocket 10's.

BearsFan34

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Craziest thing I included on an expense report: a 50? newspaper, since I was taking a train to a conference and there was NO DATA for my iPhone on the trip. So you're darn right I expensed a paper so I could read SOMETHING "current."

iamjose

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Once when I was working sales as a wholesale rep in the mortgage
industry I expensed a male stripper for one of my clients who worked
at a small real estate office. I listed it as a singing birthday
telegram...

Rabbi_Y

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I just expensed sterile lancets and gauze pads for a religious ritual, which I explained on the expense report. The response from accounting was "no seriously, what did you need these for."

Revenge

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Had a boss when I worked for radioshack he was a crazy dude. He submit an expense for $2000 for a hooker who charged 150 an hour, a hotel room and a box of tictacs. The messed up thing was it was a hand written reciept and they accepted it with no hesitation! At the time the ceo was pretty bad and got fired!!

RobertsDP

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I worked at a bank a few years ago. During that time my manager was prego's with her son. Before she went on Maternaty leave she expensed a crib, and baby toys for her office when she returned from leave, that way she can she did not have to get a nanny to take care of her son while at work. Lol.

skel4877

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
i would like to be BLESSED!

invoice for things that dont work is always ridiculous... like my CASIO 6ft HDMI cable or a Solar XPAL Charger from Energizer.... shake. My. HEAD.

EMun1

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Gambling in Vegas

I put a 11500.00 maker on an expense ticket as entertainment in Vegas, needless to say I was fired, and could use a new phone...LOL (True Story)

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
I expensed a visit to the Batting Cages, and just recently I was able to put my new golf clubs on the corporate tab....

shhhh, dont tell anyone!

Chief203

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
For our Fire Dept. we bought and had to turn in an invoice that had "Kiddy Pools". The blow up kid pools were for our Haz-Mat trailer and would be used to contain water runoff during decontamination. They are cheap and disposable. I know someone in finance saw the invoice for kiddy pools and wondered what the firefighters were using them for!

yaletownyuppie

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I worked for a software company and we needed a way to get one of our prospects attention as they weren't returning our calls. My boss suggested we buy them a box of doughnuts and have it shipped to their office in Houston for their weekly sales meeting. I called a local company and made arrangements to have 2 dozen donuts paid and delivered to their office first thing that morning. Done. I then call the client to follow-up after that meeting and of course, he takes my call. he then thanks me for sending him the donuts for the meeting but then lays into me because the delivery person made him pay for it! Somehow my payment was lost! needless to say, I never did close that sale. Back at the office we referred to this waste of an expense as "Doughnut-gate"

JB01

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I actually managed to expense the cost of my greencard, even though I was applying personally and not through my employer!

bassoprofundo

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
When I was out on business for my previous employer, the group went out for an evening meal at an Indian/Pakistani restaurant. The main dish in my entree was goat meat. The meal went over the allotted, per-meal amount without requiring a receipt to be submitted. However, when I submitted the receipt, it showed "GOAT S" and the price on the itemized list. I actually got an email from HR inquiring as to why I felt that goats were a justified business expense. :)

dtothep

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
For months we had a horrible roach infestation in my office (I mean HORRIBLE, like in the movie Creepshow). Our supervisor refused to address the problem for some reason. We didn't want to go over his head and involve admin, but we also didn't like risking bringing a roach apocalypse home with us everyday after work. So I asked security to get me lots of roach spray, for which he prepared an expense report that went straight to HR.

I'd like to say that once HR got involved, the exterminators were finally called, but that simply didn't happen. I befriended a director in admin; the exterminators were there the next day.

Mrkovach

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
I expensed a Karaoke singing machine, dancing girls, dried squid and fruit, several bottles of Crown Royal fine Canadian whisky at a night club in Korea. The next day I had a 2500 dollar bill and a headache!! My signature on the bill was so bad, I thought someone stole my credit card and signed their name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2