Mister869

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I am setting up my wife's new iPhone and have come across an issue with her email. It is a Verizon iPhone running 4.2.8

She uses an email account that is set up through our cable company (Internet provider) and has Microsoft Outlook on her computer.

I set up the email account on the iPhone using pop and smtp settings. All is working fine on the iPhone. My problem is that she can no longer retrieve her emails via Outlook. We get an error message that says another program is using data. It is like the iPhone is constantly retrieving the email and is blocking outlook.

Any ideas on how I can remedy this issue?

JasonG

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm assuming you have push on? Try turning push off and setting it to manual (you will have to open the mail app to receive new mail). I don't know too much about it so forgive me but that's the one idea I have

lv1

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I am setting up my wife's new iPhone and have come across an issue with her email. It is a Verizon iPhone running 4.2.8

She uses an email account that is set up through our cable company (Internet provider) and has Microsoft Outlook on her computer.

I set up the email account on the iPhone using pop and smtp settings. All is working fine on the iPhone. My problem is that she can no longer retrieve her emails via Outlook. We get an error message that says another program is using data. It is like the iPhone is constantly retrieving the email and is blocking outlook.

Any ideas on how I can remedy this issue?

My wife and I have encountered the same issue. Both the IPhone and computer are trying to access the email server at the same time. Wait a minute and try retreiviing with the PC again or shut IPhone and then retrieve the email. Tat works for us.