I have seen the following about the half of the time that I have tried. It is pretty annoying.

select a contact from the contact app
    select "text message"
    select one of the contact's numbers

I get one of the following:

messaging app with no name
    messaging app with the correct name
    messaging app with the name of somebody else that I texted recently

The last one is really bad as I may end up sending a message to the wrong person by mistake.

Have any of you seen this? Is there a work around? In the meantime I have simply chosen not to text from the contacts / phone app and instead used the messaging app itself and use the "+" to add a name.

Thanks,
    John
    05-10-2011 12:51 PM
    What version are you on? I just tried it about 10 times and no issues. The only thing I ever noticed was that when doing a group message of more then 10 people its a pain to add mor contacts because the + gets cut off.
    05-10-2011 03:11 PM
    I am using the very latest. Installed yesterday. Same issue. I thInk it has to do with multitasking. It's as if it is running in bg with old state and comes to fg.
    05-10-2011 03:40 PM
    Think I narrowed down the root of this bug. It only seems to happen when my message list is empty. I usually delete my conversations when done with them. I noticed that when I open the messaging app when the list is empty it opens a new message with an empty list of recipients. This happens both when I open the messaging app directly or from a contact. Can you test with an empty list?
    05-11-2011 09:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD