Official: Getting a white iPhone / Order tracker thread

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
White iPhone 4 is here!

Anyone ordering online? Use this thread to track orders and shipping estimates.

Anyone standing in line? Share your pics and we'll move them over to the front page!

dom9360

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone else notice a difference in appearance between the black and white models? There is an additional opening just above the ear piece on the front of the white iphone. Is this an improved version of the sensors that detect whether you are holding the phone up against your face?

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
That's always been there. That's the proximity sensor. They did change the design of it however. It's more of a cutout now than some mesh screen when it was first mentioned in June 2010. Other than that, anyone want a black iPhone 4 32 gig? Go ahead and buy a white one, I'll trade you my black one.

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Ill be picking one up probably. I wanted white at launch and am glad I didnt wait this long. I dont want to blow my upgrades though. Ill probably buy one from craigslist or ebay and ebay mine.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
What do you mean what the hell? If someone wants to get a black iPhone 4, get the white one and I'll trade you my black one straight up. Don't worry, I can get Apple to replace mine under warranty so it'll be new too.

i thought you were not interested in the white.. what's next, you are going to BIG RED? :eek:

morgantm89

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Just picked up a white one for my mother for mothers day. Pretty slick looking

225716_1761285117281_1393650534_31559561_5913254_n.jpg

tperry

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Since I'm getting an iPhone on Verizon soon anyway, I may get the white one. I kind of want to see it in person, though, first, so I might wait to make a decision.

I got the first one sold at the corporate store locally. Honestly I like the black better. The white just emphasizes how small the screen is. Going to take it back tomorrow and get my money back - minus restock fee. Paid cash for the 16 gig version and was going to give it to my wife, but she didn't like the small screen ( she currently has a Droid X).

Reactions: disney.jessica#IM
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I got the first one sold at the corporate store locally. Honestly I like the black better. The white just emphasizes how small the screen is. Going to take it back tomorrow and get my money back - minus restock fee. Paid cash for the 16 gig version and was going to give it to my wife, but she didn't like the small screen ( she currently has a Droid X).

Yeah, I've decided on the black iPhone. My mother recently got a black one and I saw it and I like how the screen doesn't look as small as I thought when it's in your hand and blending in with the black background. Even with the screen turned on, I think the black framed look creates a nice illusion to make the screen size seem perfect or at least reasonable to those who'd like a bigger screen. The white back is really nice, but after seeing the black in person, I think the phone looks just as good with the shiny black back. Also, though I don't like the contrast of the black screen with the white faceplate, I don't think there's enough contrast with the silver antenna and the white front and back. The black iPhone just seems right to me and the color works better with the design.

Msvoluptous#IM

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I just got my phone on Friday AT&T told me to make sure I call the store first because they were running out of them. Well I called and the put one on hold for me and I am IN LOVE!

brokenxreality

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I put a white one on hold for me at the apple store, gonna go pick it up tomorrow! I currently have the black one, my dad wants it and I'm eligible for an upgrade. Can't wait. I played around with the white one in the store and I personally like how bright the white looked. I have to drive an hour away to get to an apple store, but it's so worth it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2