Is the $49 dollar 3GS...

Teemo

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
My gf also went for the 3GS some time ago, because she doesn't like the style of the new one ^^

I also told her about the compatibility issue but she didn't mid. We'll see when she comes on knocking "I need this app, get it on you iPhone!"

Snownation

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Garz is right. The 3G has been phased put of updates, and that phone is only 2 years old.

This time next year, chances are your 3GS will no longer be supported, yet you'll still be on the dreaded 2 year contract.

Get the iPhone 4. It's nicer in all possible ways. Price should not be an issue if you're shelling out for a phone. After all, you only get to do it once per 2 years.

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't even think of paying for a 2 yr. old phone especially with a 2 year contract.

The phone is going to be four years old since its first release.
You can find plenty of phones for a cheaper price. Try checking Amazon.

daspollak

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Most apps that I see and use are supported on the 3GS. As long as a significant number of people still use the device it will be supported. I'd say the 3GS maybe has another 12 months in its development life for apps, but remember any app that you have on there should still work after that time.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Why renew a contract there's got to be a ton of them on ebay or other online sales sites for dirt cheap. So buy one online and hook it up with your carrier then you'll still have the availability to sign a contract when the iPhone 4 goes down low.

cjvitek

Jul 5, 2008
Visit site
Purchase price is nothing compared to contract price. $150 is not a big difference when the contract costs the same all year round no matter what phone you pick. I'd go with iPhone 4 if I were you.

If you were putting it all down at once, then yes, there is not much of a different between $2300 and $2150.

However, for some people, paying the one time cost of $50 or $200 can be factor.

JBaby_9783

Jan 22, 2009
Visit site
Where are the administrators?????????? This thread is an abomination!!!!!!!!!!!

Instead of asking where we are, please focus that energy into reporting the spam when you see it. The report button is the triangle shaped icon. The TiPb forums are huge and we do what we can. But we can't be everywhere and we can't check every post. We have lives outside of TiPb too.:) We are a community and as such we need everyone's cooperation.

Reactions: Alli

boomhower1820

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Can you give me an example of all these new apps?

I'll ask a different way, will the 3GS be updated to iOS 5? I got out my wifes Gen 1 iPod Touch and almost every app I tried to download was denied because it doesn't have iOS 4. With the phone being two years old now and thinking forward two years it's a thought. I am new to Apple and asking a genuine question, I don't know how long they support the phones to new OS's.

impaler

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I have a 3GS still, that I purchased in March 2010. So I'm only 13 months into my contract, so I'm not looking to upgrade yet. The 4 has a beautiful screen, but honestly the 3GS does most of what the 4 does (such as multitasking, wallpapers, etc), so it did not justify the cost for me at this time. Bear in mind, the 3GS is only available as a 8GB phone--if your media/app needs are beyond 8GB, don't do it. For me, I had to get the 32GB model, because of my massive movie and music collection. I have 80GB just in music. If there was a 64GB iPhone 4 I would have probably taken the plunge. I'm waiting for 64GB of space or something much more compelling before taking the jump. I do believe the iOS 5.0 will support the 3GS, although the 3GS would not be able to do everything that it can do with iOS 4.x. History shows that the iPhone 3G could do iOS 4, but at a much reduced functionality.

Based on your comments, I think the 3GS would be a great purchase for you both.

smalcom

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Instead of asking where we are, please focus that energy into reporting the spam when you see it. The report button is the triangle shaped icon. The TiPb forums are huge and we do what we can. But we can't be everywhere and we can't check every post. We have lives outside of TiPb too.:) We are a community and as such we need everyone's cooperation.

I apologize for the outburst. I should have reported the offending post. I realize that you all have other priorities. Didn't see this reply until 5/7, so that is why it took so long to respond.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77