Email issue

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if anyone else has had this problem. Most of the time the push email I have set up with my yahoo account works no problem. But randomly it doesn't and the only way I have new email is to open up email so it checks and then downloads them. I make sure I don't close email when I close apps. I usually do a reset and it fixes it until the next time. Any ideas? Thanks

korp#IM

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Yahoo doesn't push ... hence why you need to refresh for it to load new emails. It updates every so often ... my advice would be switch to gmail because you can actually set it up to push.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
There have been plenty of times that the yahoo account does in fact push the email. I've tested it with other accounts and sent it to my yahoo and it comes in within about 5 seconds

lenmac08#IM

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I have yahoo and it is supposed to push and it is very unreliable. Sometimes it comes immediately (within a second or two) and other times it could go hours without telling me I have new emails. Wish yahoo would fix this and would like to use gmail more to set it up as an exchange account but most of my contacts have my yahoo account already.

andrewu750

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem. I thought it was something with the phone too. I came from bb and have been using bb for the past 3 years with the same email account and I would always get my emails within seconds of them being sent. So I wonder why it doesnt work well with the iPhone

anon4705193

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Andrew, the way blackberry and iPhone get your emails are different and that is why it is different between the two phones/OSes. nothing to do with yahoo itself.

ulnek

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
i hope this is not the problem with gmail. i NEED gmail to be pushed so i get emails sent to me almost instantly.

saberahul

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Set up yahoo account. Go to mail and go to fetch. In advanced it will show you which account uses push and which uses fetch only. Yahoo will show fetch. What does this mean? It means what cdowner said above.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77