Few questions about buying Verizon iPhone 4

rodney0905

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
1. Is it too late to buy the iPhone 4 from Verizon. I know Apple usually releases a new one every year around the same time and with it almost being April, Im wondering if I should just wait to buy the iPhone 5?
2. Is there a proper way to "calibrate" the battery? I am almost dead set on picking up the iPhone and was just curious.

generik777

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
1. There is no answer to this. If you want it buy it, If you wanna wait then wait, It doesn't matter what others think. Also an exact yearly release date is never guaranteed.

2. Apple recommends fully charging a new iPhone and then letting it completely drain until it shuts off then fully charge it again. Apple also recommend that you do this about once per month.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
1. There is no answer to this. If you want it buy it, If you wanna wait then wait, It doesn't matter what others think. Also an exact yearly release date is never guaranteed.

2. Apple recommends fully charging a new iPhone and then letting it completely drain until it shuts off then fully charge it again. Apple also recommend that you do this about once per month.

I agree with both statements. I just picked up an iPhone 4 for me and one for my wife after having the same struggle. From what I am reading it sounds like we are looking at a fall release for iPhone 5 at best, but who knows. We decided not to wait, but you might be okay with our current phone and not mind waiting. It really is a personal choice. I will tell you that if you have not had an iPhone before you will not be disappointed. I was very skeptical and I could not be more happy with my choice. Good luck.

AKA

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I agree with both here. There is ALWAYS going to be something newer, faster, and better. If we all waited, we would have nothing. The ip4 was a huge upgrade in terms of the iPhone lineup IMO. Get it and you will not be disappointed. I will forever be an iPhone user, they got me...

Harreh

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I agree with both here. There is ALWAYS going to be something newer, faster, and better. If we all waited, we would have nothing. The ip4 was a huge upgrade in terms of the iPhone lineup IMO. Get it and you will not be disappointed. I will forever be an iPhone user, they got me...

I couldnt agree more. I had an iPhone 3GS. I bought a truck and didn't want to pay AT&T and Verizon. Since my wife and kids where still on Verizon (and I still had my Verizon number) I switched back and got a droid. When my contract was up, last week, I jumped back on the iPhone. The only thing that will even sway me to get an iPhone 5 is a 4 in screen, otherwise I am in a very happy place with my iPhone 4.

Blackbelt

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I could not agree more. Iphone 4 is the BEST in it's class and when it is time to switch to Iphone 5 I will sell it and loose very little. Just buy it now.

thebeags

Aug 2, 2009
Visit site
Well, you have the option of going the Best Buy route and getting the "Buy Back" plan. Depending on the purchase date, they will give you a percentage of the retail price of the phone if you want to sell it back to them. Ex; 6 months = 50% of retail.

Darth-gamer

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Well, you have the option of going the Best Buy route and getting the "Buy Back" plan. Depending on the purchase date, they will give you a percentage of the retail price of the phone if you want to sell it back to them. Ex; 6 months = 50% of retail.

Or you could go the eBay route and get MUCH MUCH more. Seriously, Best Buy is a complete rip-off in that regard.

wrxnfx

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
My wife and I took the plunge because we were tired of our Storm2s having slow internet and sometimes just slowing down or locking up. Very frustrating! We just wanted a smartphone without these issues and the iPhone4 fit the bill. An added surprise was much better reception than our Storm2s. I would agree with a lot of the comments above regarding it's your personal choice. Personally, wouldn't feel sick if iPhone5 comes out this summer or late fall. The iPhone4 is way better than what we have and my wife and I feel was and still is the best choice on Verizon. Just keep in mind that the risk you take in waiting is that Verizon may do away with the unlimited data plans for new data customers.

Vaman49

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I also came from a BB Storm2 and couldn't be happier with my iP4. I got so fed up with the BB that I just wanted a phone that worked and that's what I got. No more battery pulls...no more lag...it just works. I have an android tablet but didn't want to jump on an android phone right now.

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
1. Is it too late to buy the iPhone 4 from Verizon. I know Apple usually releases a new one every year around the same time and with it almost being April, Im wondering if I should just wait to buy the iPhone 5?
2. Is there a proper way to "calibrate" the battery? I am almost dead set on picking up the iPhone and was just curious.

Personally after today, and being from a family that has used Verizon wireless for as long as I can remember, I would run, run fast, run in the other direct and not look back!