I used to be on Team Jailbreak. However, the Mobile Substrate which is installed when you Jailbreak makes your phone really slow. And, sometimes you get runaway processes which kill your battery really fast. I found myself constantly troubleshooting problems with my phone and needing to restore when it was Jailbroken.

Now I am on Team Pure and have only had to restore my iPad once (accelerated battery drain), and have never had to restore my iPhone 4. It just feels so much better to be able to use my iPhone without constantly needing to tinker with it.

The things I miss most about Jailbreaking are SBSettings and BiteSMS. However, since iOS 4.2, my battery life has been so good that I don't even need SBSettings to ever turn off Wifi, Bluetooth, Location Services, etc.
    03-20-2011 10:14 AM
    I just wanted to say hey :-)

I was reading your forumm for few months already.... ;]
    03-20-2011 10:56 AM
    sometimes you get runaway processes which kill your battery really fast. I found myself constantly troubleshooting problems with my phone and needing to restore when it was Jailbroken.
    very good point, in fact that is what i ran into last night. so there i was sitting at my laptop ready to restore/re-jb and that's when i decided to update to 4.3 and actually give it a go (again) for real..

i am going to wait for the untethered 4.3 jailbreak to be available (bug-free) along with my favorite JB apps/tweaks to be updated (whenever that may be) and even then i'll have to see where i am at with all of this Team Pure stuff

it's going to be weird but i figured it might be a nice break
    03-20-2011 12:26 PM
    I'm #teampure only because I'm scared I'll mess some stuff up.
    03-21-2011 11:06 AM
    IT JUST WORKS!
    That statement says it all. I've been an iPhone owner from the beginning with the 2G, 3GS, and now iP4. They've all just worked and the next one was always better then the last one. But the one thing that made it complete was Cut & Paste, along with the App Store. After adding that feature set IMO the phone was complete, staple, fast and just worked right out the box. I'm with TEAM PURE all the way with my iPhone. Now the iPad is another story. It keeps crying out to me to be Jailbroken. Really starting to creep me out (LOL ).
    03-21-2011 06:12 PM
    very good point, in fact that is what i ran into last night. so there i was sitting at my laptop ready to restore/re-jb and that's when i decided to update to 4.3 and actually give it a go (again) for real..

i am going to wait for the untethered 4.3 jailbreak to be available (bug-free) along with my favorite JB apps/tweaks to be updated (whenever that may be) and even then i'll have to see where i am at with all of this Team Pure stuff

it's going to be weird but i figured it might be a nice break
    say it aint so Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!! LOL
    03-21-2011 11:12 PM
    say it aint so Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!! LOL
    yes, it is so.. haha! i do miss LockInfo, biteSMS and FullScreen Safari--BAD!

my battery life has been surprisingly decent considering all the drama that i have been reading here and everywhere else. so if it gets better than this it's definitely a Win situation for me

swipe to unlock issue simply does not happen that often for me..

i guess in a weird way it has been nice not having to micro-manage. i will be anxious to see if i can maintain this decent battery performance (or better) with the "new jailbreak" & setup..
    03-22-2011 11:25 AM
    LOL have fun you know I'm in the same boat but a whole whack of bugs have annoyed the crap out of me so I"m not sure how much longer I can take this. So a new question for all the people who have posted so far, do you experience any of the bugs? if you do how frustrating is it? how does it play into your "It just works"? I wish Apple would just continue to sign the previous firmware every time they release a new one. I would downgrade to 4.2 in a heartbeat if I could right now.
    03-22-2011 01:39 PM
    LOL have fun you know I'm in the same boat but a whole whack of bugs have annoyed the crap out of me so I"m not sure how much longer I can take this. So a new question for all the people who have posted so far, do you experience any of the bugs? if you do how frustrating is it? how does it play into your "It just works"? I wish Apple would just continue to sign the previous firmware every time they release a new one. I would downgrade to 4.2 in a heartbeat if I could right now.
    I'm good for now. I never really had a problem with the firmware outside of the 2G phone when the 3G first came out. Can't remember the version number but wasn't as snappy. But to Apple's credit they came out with a patch quickly.
    03-22-2011 04:12 PM
    I have been JB before but I noticed the sudden speed drop the random springboard crashes and cydia apps are sp unpredictable they may not (even if they say they do) once an update turned an app into an IPhone killer then ended up with a bricked iPhone plus whats all this nonsense about being abler to live without improved notifications yet I download lock info I have for a few months then when I unJB I nearly noticed a difference as everything is already covered just in a different perfectly fine way os sob story no diffence high/easy break rate that is why there is no point in having a JB DEVICE
    03-22-2011 06:55 PM
    I have been JB before but I noticed the sudden speed drop the random springboard crashes and cydia apps are sp unpredictable they may not (even if they say they do) once an update turned an app into an IPhone killer then ended up with a bricked iPhone plus whats all this nonsense about being abler to live without improved notifications yet I download lock info I have for a few months then when I unJB I nearly noticed a difference as everything is already covered just in a different perfectly fine way os sob story no diffence high/easy break rate that is why there is no point in having a JB DEVICE
    this hurts my head when i read it
    03-23-2011 12:05 PM
    ^^And thanks for making us read it twice!
    03-23-2011 12:28 PM
    I was on team pure for a while until I learned about all the little tweaks that were available and the different notification systems. Sorry team pure.. I'll never go back.
    03-23-2011 01:40 PM
    Hello.
    The interesting name of a site - forum.tipb.com, interesting "Team Pure what if..." here is very good.
    I spent 3 hours searching in the network, until find your forum!
    03-23-2011 01:58 PM
    The smoke curled out of the barrel of her gun and drifted up to the ceiling where it caused an odd halo effect above the bare light bulb protruding from the cheap glass fixture that was meant as decoration but only served to sharpen the 100 watt glare that shone down upon the blood-soaked body of the man who had only moments before told her he loved her and would marry her as soon as he divorced his wife and worked out a financial arrangement that would allow them to leave this godforsaken city and never look back nor be haunted by the dark memories of lust and betrayal that she more or less had forgotten about but now came rushing back with a sudden ferocity when she remembered that she'd recently escaped from an insane asylum where she'd been held for eighteen years as a result of shooting her big sister's high school boyfriend after having sex with him and listening to him tell her that he loved her and wanted to marry her in a way that was eerily reminiscent of the dying man on the floor who had no idea that his wife was her big sister until she whispered it in his ear and then shot him in the head causing a hole that looked like a PERIOD
    03-23-2011 05:33 PM
    The smoke curled out of the barrel of her gun and drifted up to the ceiling where it caused an odd halo effect above the bare light bulb protruding from the cheap glass fixture that was meant as decoration but only served to sharpen the 100 watt glare that shone down upon the blood-soaked body of the man who had only moments before told her he loved her and would marry her as soon as he divorced his wife and worked out a financial arrangement that would allow them to leave this godforsaken city and never look back nor be haunted by the dark memories of lust and betrayal that she more or less had forgotten about but now came rushing back with a sudden ferocity when she remembered that she'd recently escaped from an insane asylum where she'd been held for eighteen years as a result of shooting her big sister's high school boyfriend after having sex with him and listening to him tell her that he loved her and wanted to marry her in a way that was eerily reminiscent of the dying man on the floor who had no idea that his wife was her big sister until she whispered it in his ear and then shot him in the head causing a hole that looked like a PERIOD
    LOLLL...oh Ghostface this made me laugh my a** off...
    03-23-2011 05:35 PM
    sad. the one time i try to go Team Pure i ended up with 4.3, what a joke

#Team Jailbreak for this kid!
    03-23-2011 06:51 PM
    Coming from a Blackberry fan for years i had to jb my iphone. i do love the iphone but you are so limited on what you can do unlike my blackberries. I would not be satisfied with the iphone if i couldn't jb it. I absolutly love it now. If it wasnt for Jailbreaking i would have gone back to RIM.
    03-23-2011 09:18 PM
    sad. the one time i try to go Team Pure i ended up with 4.3, what a joke

#Team Jailbreak for this kid!
    YESSSSS!! Surfstoked you rock! I have to say I'm glad to see alot of people aren't simple staying pure because Apple doesn't allow it. I think as a JBer I had that assumption that it was the main motivation. It was really cool to read the reasons though.
    03-24-2011 07:48 AM
    LOL!! Toooo funny!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-24-2011 06:41 PM
    Reasons I don't jailbreak.
    1. Don't really see anything interesting enough to warrant the effort
    2. Don't want to have to wait to install new iOS updates
    3. Not looking to pirate apps or get free tethering
    4. Don't have the urge to tweak/tinker with things
    03-24-2011 09:19 PM
    Reasons I don't jailbreak.

1. Don't really see anything interesting enough to warrant the effort
    umm, how would you know until you try it?

2. Don't want to have to wait to install new iOS updates
    have you tried 4.3? looks like waiting was the better option

3. Not looking to pirate apps or get free tethering
    simple.. then don't

4. Don't have the urge to tweak/tinker with things
    Steve Jobs would be proud
    03-25-2011 01:29 PM
    I dont jailbreak because, as it has been stated so many times, "it just works" I do not want to worry about the what-if's

and even if Stevo came knocking at my door to tell me it was ok, I still would not. the iPhone does everything I need it to do, consistently, smoothly and with great battery life
    03-26-2011 01:05 AM
    I have been absent for some time on this forum. can someone tell me what the red dot next to my name means???
    03-26-2011 01:06 AM
    I have been absent for some time on this forum. can someone tell me what the red dot next to my name means???
    Means your in invisible mode. You dont want people to know whether your online or not.
    03-26-2011 01:33 AM
93 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD