Cant Find Deleted Messages

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I cant figure out where my emails go when I delete them from my phone.

I have a yahoo account set up the default way. smtp. in advanced under mailbox behaviors I have deleted mailbox set to - on my iphone. under deleted messages i selected remove>never.

I also have a gmail account set up under exchange. the options dont give you a option on where to put deleted email.

My confusion begins with I never know which account my emails are coming in from. This is fine until I need to find a deleted email. So I assume that the if I delete a yahoo mail it goes to a different place than if I delete a gmail email.

Also when I delete a email on my phone it deletes it from my Macs mail application. is there a setting for this ? I want to delete a email on my phone and have it stay in the mail app on my laptop until I delete it there as well

Thanks

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
If you go into your mail app, hit the button in the top right corner that says Mailboxes. Scroll down and you should see something like this, with your emails instead. Click your yahoo one and you should have a trash folder. As far as the deletion bit goes, I don't think iPhones have the whole "delete on handheld only" option like you see on say, Blackberries. Because they're POP or IMAP, whatever you do on the phone is transferred to the online client as well.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I cant figure out where my emails go when I delete them from my phone.

I have a yahoo account set up the default way. smtp. in advanced under mailbox behaviors I have deleted mailbox set to - on my iphone. under deleted messages i selected remove>never.

I also have a gmail account set up under exchange. the options dont give you a option on where to put deleted email.
Thanks

SMTP is the "send" protocol. It has nothing to do with the way your mailbox is handled, or how it saves mail, or moves it to the trash.

The fact that you have your mail set up to exchange is important. As chirmer suggested, you may just be looking in the wrong deleted mail folder. If Yahoo is anything like gmail, you probably have 3 trash/deleted folders from which to choose.

Have you tried just using universal search from your desktop?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll