iOS 4.3 bug reporting/troubleshooting thread

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Battery life has been extremely bad since I upgraded. Lost 15% in 1 hour of idle time. Anyone else having this problem?

did you upgrade from a jailbreak?.. well, regardless i would do a restore as new device (not from backup)
__

i briefly went to 4.3 and the battery life was decent. however, after using it i also found out that my jailbreak setup on 4.2.1 was just as good and that is why i went back to 4.2.1 jailbroken

GatorWolf

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
iOS 4.3

Idk about u guys. But I think it's messed up that AT&T is not only goin to charge u extra to use the new "personal hotspot" feature but they are also making u lose ur data unlimited plan if u are one of the few like me. That was grandfathered in.

JNHohol

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
did you upgrade from a jailbreak?.. well, regardless i would do a restore as new device (not from backup)

Does this actually eliminate all jailbreak history? Is the backup where the preferences/settings for JB are saved?

PS-Apple must have made the status bar optional, I'm on 4.3 #TeamPure ;)

bab2010

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Tried to install an update for iMovie after updating to iOS 4.3 and it's taking ages to finish the download and installation. I though it was related with iMovie and decided to make sure by downloading another free app from application store, paused the iMovie downloading and the free app started downloading, and more than 30mn passed now and the free app is still downloading. Anyone else having this issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toymaker

Nov 24, 2008
Visit site
I lost all my contacts from my non-jailbroken iPhone 4 but I still have the favorites in the phone app, just numbers, the names are all gone. My wifes iPhone contacts are just fine.

Also I can't stay connected to wifi networks, In my wifi settings it has a checkmark next to the network but it stays on 3G. I rebooted my phone multiple times and only got wifi for about 10 min.

jyasin

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys Have tried again today, and I am not being offered the personal hotspot, any Ideas? I am with Telus. Do you have to have a particular data plan?

I don't have a data plan (telcel Mexico) and i have the issue of the personal hotspot feature sometimes appearing under settings and other times not appearing. It has not been consistent.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
My swipe to unlock has been real bad since I upgraded to 4.3. I dont know how to downgrade and went to the genius bar to see if they could and they said they couldnt. They verified my issue but since they dont know if its software related or not, they wanted to give me a new one since I have restored with it not helping so I accepted. This is on 4.2.1 and no more problems. I wont be upgrading back to 4.3 unless they fix this issue. Makes me sad because I dont JB anymore and I want to be on the latest OS.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
So after having 4.3 for the last 2 days I've found slide to unlock is extremely unreliable now. It's to the point where it happens repeatedly all the time, doesn't matter if I reset my iPhone or not. Sometimes the slider doesn't move at all until after 3-4 tries. Other times it does move but the phone doesn't unlock when I slide it over and the slider immediately returns to the original position, it can take 3-4 tries to get it to unlock in this case as well. This is very annoying.

Also, did they shorten the time between text message second notifications? It seems like they come way faster than in 5 minutes, I haven't time it out.

Now I see Garz above me having the same deal, anyone else?

Last edited:

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
So after having 4.3 for the last 2 days I've found slide to unlock is extremely unreliable now. It's to the point where it happens repeatedly all the time, doesn't matter if I reset my iPhone or not. Sometimes the slider doesn't move at all until after 3-4 tries. Other times it does move but the phone doesn't unlock when I slide it over and the slider immediately returns to the original position, it can take 3-4 tries to get it to unlock in this case as well. This is very annoying.

Also, did they shorten the time between text message second notifications? It seems like they come way faster than in 5 minutes, I haven't time it out.

Now I see Garz above me having the same deal, anyone else?

My wifes has done it a few times. But not to where its bothering her. I had to exchange at Apple to get a new one so I could get back on 4.2.1. Problem free now. Genius bar person couldnt believe how often it was doing it as she kept playing with it. Since she didnt know where the problem was coming from(I knew) so she gave me a new one.

And restoring to new wont fix it

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
My wifes has done it a few times. But not to where its bothering her. I had to exchange at Apple to get a new one so I could get back on 4.2.1. Problem free now. Genius bar person couldnt believe how often it was doing it as she kept playing with it. Since she didnt know where the problem was coming from(I knew) so she gave me a new one.

And restoring to new wont fix it

It's really annoying and seems to be getting worse as I go on here. Especially when the slider moves but doesn't unlock the phone and I have to repeat a bunch more times. It has no pattern at all, completely random and getting more frequent.

We will see how long I can bare before I take it to Apple. Garz, what did you tell the girl at the store? Just that the slider was unresponsive and she saw it was and just gave you another phone?

Last edited:

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
It's really annoying and seems to be getting worse as I go on here. Especially when the slider moves but doesn't unlock the phone and I have to repeat a bunch more times. It has no pattern at all, completely random and getting more frequent.

We will see how long I can bare before I take it to Apple. Garz, what did you tell the girl at the store? Just that the slider was unresponsive and she saw it was and just gave you another phone?

Told her what was going on. She played with it a few minutes and got it to duplicate a couple of times. It was happening more when iPhone was sitting in standby mode for a bit

Tojasonhoo

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Unlock bug

Yes Garz I've noticed several times since update I have to repeat a swipe 2 or 3 times to unlock.
Also, on a side note my safari, app store and email push have been slower since upgrade to 4.2. Slight improvement on mail and safari in 4.3. (3gs)

iPhoneRN

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I found my text tone was shortened. I have been using the new calypso tone and since I installed iOS 4.3 it only plays the last two notes. Now I am back to using one of the original tones cause I don't like any of the other new ones.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Yes Garz I've noticed several times since update I have to repeat a swipe 2 or 3 times to unlock.
Also, on a side note my safari, app store and email push have been slower since upgrade to 4.2. Slight improvement on mail and safari in 4.3. (3gs)

so this happens on 3GS too? wow I guess its just standard on 4.3. Im afraid to update my iPad due to this.

foomor

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I face sometimes strange toolbar blinking and display image distorting in that area on my ipod touch 4g, does anyone have the same isssue? :\

Also experienced a lag during screen unlock after it was locked for a long time, like for a nigth.

And yes, i feel like everything became slow in general, but maybe it's subjective.

P.S. Is it possible to jailbreak it now with 4.2?

Last edited:

Crucial_Xtreme

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm not really having the unlock slider issue. But I am having an issue where I go into Camera Roll and select to send a picture. I can immediately enter what ever subject matter I wish. However when I go to enter the "Send To" info, I have to touch it numerous times!!! Very very annoying. Anyone else have this?

Mr4thQuarter

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Text Alerts

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but for text message alerts intervals have been changed from 5 minutes down to 2 minutes. Does anyone know how to change this back to 5 because every 2 minutes is quite annoying. Thanks in advance for helping

CrzyP

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Not happy with iOS 4.3.
- app store programs that require updates disappear
- contact app freezes for about 5 seconds after opening
- slide to unlock is buggy

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members