What?!?!? No 4.3 for Verizon??

reyxlp

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
+1 IcyHot1966...: When I take my car to the mechanic for service, I don't see people who own a different brand of car hanging out in the waiting room telling me how much better their brand of car is than mine, lol...

I think if they were that happy or secure in their own choice of product, they wouldn't be hanging out here talking trash about ours, but that's just my opinion.

We're free to buy and use whichever phone we want, based on our preferences and/or needs.

Even both networks are up front about their strengths and weaknesses in their own advertising, which is rare in advertising. Verizon's network is more reliable in the most places with much more expansive coverage particularly for 3G and the fewest dropped calls overall. AT&T's network gives you faster data speeds and the ability to do simultaneous voice and data without the need for WiFi in the areas where it actually does provide good coverage.

For me, as a longtime AT&T user since 1996 living in NYC and often travelling for work to L.A., Chicago, Denver, Atlanta and much of the NorthEast, I found that what was most important to me was... ...being able to make, receive and sustain phone calls with reliable 3G connectivity. I made the switch to Verizon years ago and haven't looked back. My calls never get dropped, I always have reliable coverage for voice and 3G wherever I go and I can't do simul voice/data. I am very happy with my choice, hence I do not feel the need to go on AT&T forums and post about how "mine is better than yours" haha...!

+1 Can't we all just get along?

CalifJewls

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
It's not to long to wait for me.....i waited for years to get the iphone i can certainly wait 3 months
A M E N!!!!! It really isn't that big of a deal, how soon people forget, we just got the iPhone 4 on Verizon 1 stinkin' month ago, patience, both iPhones will be equals in all aspects soon enough! Breathe!!

Iphonefour

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
+1 IcyHot1966...: When I take my car to the mechanic for service, I don't see people who own a different brand of car hanging out in the waiting room telling me how much better their brand of car is than mine, lol...

Then your mechanic must only service one make, model and year of car. All the cars he services, must be just like yours, and they must all be in for routine maintenance under warranty.

None of the cars he services has problems that the other ones don't.

I think if they were that happy or secure in their own choice of product, they wouldn't be hanging out here talking trash about ours, but that's just my opinion.

We're free to buy and use whichever phone we want, based on our preferences and/or needs.

Even both networks are up front about their strengths and weaknesses in their own advertising, which is rare in advertising. Verizon's network is more reliable in the most places with much more expansive coverage particularly for 3G and the fewest dropped calls overall. AT&T's network gives you faster data speeds and the ability to do simultaneous voice and data without the need for WiFi in the areas where it actually does provide good coverage.

For me, as a longtime AT&T user since 1996 living in NYC and often travelling for work to L.A., Chicago, Denver, Atlanta and much of the NorthEast, I found that what was most important to me was... ...being able to make, receive and sustain phone calls with reliable 3G connectivity. I made the switch to Verizon years ago and haven't looked back. My calls never get dropped, I always have reliable coverage for voice and 3G wherever I go and I can't do simul voice/data. I am very happy with my choice, hence I do not feel the need to go on AT&T forums and post about how "mine is better than yours" haha...!

I notice how quick some of you are to holler "fanboism" and it's really unfortunate.

As an Apple shareholder, I don't see this as a good thing when the products that you and I own, and apparently are to some degree "fans" of, are fragmented such as this.

I see no reason why any should be "penalized" for buying an iPhone which just so happens to be on the best carrier for their particular needs, whichever carrier that may be.

And that's part of what's happening here. Not admitting it, or attempting to look at it through rose colored glasses, doesn't change it. IF I want an iPhone on the most dependable carrier in my area, then I have to give up timely updates to the phone's operating system. That's not right.

Why penalize an iPhone purchaser, for going with the carrier which was the one he felt best in his area, by delaying his updates? How does that make good business sense? You're punishing him for going with what he felt was the most solid carrier. And eventually he is going to get pi$$ed off and buy another phone.

It is unfortunate that some are so shortsighted to see that concern as somehow gloating.

If this is the manner which Apple and Verizon are going to go in, then nothing good can come of it.

Some people are going to become pi$$ed and swear to never buy an Apple iPhone again because of this sort of practice.

And if/when this happens, then a phone which was a major player in the industry, could end up losing market share, and as that directly relates to me, the price of my shares goes down.

So you can holler all of this fanboi crap you want, the bottom line is that it is not just you guys who chose Verizon as your carrier, who have a stake in this and who may be affected by it.

You want to call me a fanboi, then call me an Apple fanboi. And a shareholder to boot. And as such, it is impossible for me to benefit from, or feel good about the iphone being fragmented like it is now. They screw you, they could very well end up screwing me. Them putting you to a disadvantage, benefits me in no way. Indeed it more than likely works to my detriment.

A couple things can happen out of this.

1. As mentioned above, a backlash against Apple could occur as a result because people waited so long for that phone, and when they finally get it, they have to wait even longer for it to be updated to be even with the other version of the same phone. This could wind up being a marketing and public relations screw up by Apple.

2. A backlash against Verizon. Some who are not so techno savvy are going to see this as a shortcoming of the carrier when they see others with a different carrier being able to do things with their phones which are supposed to be the same as theirs, that they cannot do.

+1 Can't we all just get along?

Indeed. But I think people need to recognize this for what it is, and not try and minimize it.

If a similar update is not soon forthcoming to owners of the Verizon iPhone, then a class action lawsuit is not out of the realm of possibility, along with many new customers being alienated and swearing off Apple products in the future.

This has the potential to blow up in either Apple's face, Verizon's face, (I don't care if it blows up in Verizon's face) or both Apple and Verizon's faces unless they get their rear ends in gear and bring the CDMA version iOS 4.3 or something comparable......sooner rather than later.

Last edited:

epphllps

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
I see it as a tough argument. You have some saying chill out it will come others who say Apple should have it out ASAP. I used to waiting being a previous android owner but Apple new VZW was getting the iPhone long long before we had a clue. There is honestly no reason for the update not being compatible with the VZW iPhone in that time or to at least prepared a statement to buyers as to why it's not compatible.

Yes i don't like to wait but I can. Should I have to wait without Apple telling me why the update isn't ready, NO. All we need is re reason why no matter how big or small. Would satisfy most users.

greasyg2006

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I see it as a tough argument. You have some saying chill out it will come others who say Apple should have it out ASAP. I used to waiting being a previous android owner but Apple new VZW was getting the iPhone long long before we had a clue. There is honestly no reason for the update not being compatible with the VZW iPhone in that time or to at least prepared a statement to buyers as to why it's not compatible.

Yes i don't like to wait but I can. Should I have to wait without Apple telling me why the update isn't ready, NO. All we need is re reason why no matter how big or small. Would satisfy most users.

I completely agree. Leaving us with no reason why is the biggest issue here. I mean, on March 2nd when they announced the release date of iOS 4.3, they pretty much acted like the Verizon iPhone didn't even exist. They said nothing about it. This does not look good in the eyes of new Verizon iPhone users who expected quality service from both Apple and Verizon. It gives the feeling that Apple just wanted another way to make more money and just decided to release the iPhone on Verizon without any care for the device or it's new customers at Verizon.

epphllps

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
I completely agree. Leaving us with no reason why is the biggest issue here. I mean, on March 2nd when they announced the release date of iOS 4.3, they pretty much acted like the Verizon iPhone didn't even exist. They said nothing about it. This does not look good in the eyes of new Verizon iPhone users who expected quality service from both Apple and Verizon. It gives the feeling that Apple just wanted another way to make more money and just decided to release the iPhone on Verizon without any care for the device or it's new customers at Verizon.

This just doesn't fit Apple, though. I know it was just released but their engineers have known about this for what seems to be eons. Apple doesn't owe us the new 4.3 bc we say they do but they do need to stand up and tell us "something" instead of ignoring it like people on VZW are too ignorant to care.

Another little rant for people who validate Apple in saying, "we waited for years so we can wait for 4.3." Just bc we waited for years to get the iPhone doesn't mean we are subjected to having to wait months for a 0.4 increment update without reason. Some people are fine with waiting but I bought an iPhone to use it to it's full potential, not watch others do it.

danimal1968

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Verizon is legendary in the Blackberry community for taking far longer to test and evaluate OS updates than any other carrier. I have no info but strongly suspect that this is what is going on here.

Regarding you suggestion of a class action lawsuit, that's some funny stuff right there. How come VZW and RIM haven't ever been sued for the delayed release of VZW versions of Blackberry OS's, which has happened regularly over the last several years?

Then your mechanic must only service one make, model and year of car. All the cars he services, must be just like yours, and they must all be in for routine maintenance under warranty.

I notice how quick some of you are to holler "fanboism" and it's really unfortunate.

As an Apple shareholder, I don't see this as a good thing when the products that you and I own, and apparently are to some degree "fans" of, are fragmented such as this.

I see no reason why any should be "penalized" for buying an iPhone which just so happens to be on the best carrier for their particular needs, whichever carrier that may be.

And that's part of what's happening here. Not admitting it, or attempting to look at it through rose colored glasses, doesn't change it. IF I want an iPhone on the most dependable carrier in my area, then I have to give up timely updates to the phone's operating system. That's not right.

Why penalize an iPhone purchaser, for going with the carrier which was the one he felt best in his area, by delaying his updates? How does that make good business sense? You're punishing him for going with what he felt was the most solid carrier. And eventually he is going to get pi$$ed off and buy another phone.

It is unfortunate that some are so shortsighted to see that concern as somehow gloating.

If this is the manner which Apple and Verizon are going to go in, then nothing good can come of it.

Some people are going to become pi$$ed and swear to never buy an Apple iPhone again because of this sort of practice.

And if/when this happens, then a phone which was a major player in the industry, could end up losing market share, and as that directly relates to me, the price of my shares goes down.

So you can holler all of this fanboi crap you want, the bottom line is that it is not just you guys who chose Verizon as your carrier, who have a stake in this and who may be affected by it.

You want to call me a fanboi, then call me an Apple fanboi. And a shareholder to boot. And as such, it is impossible for me to benefit from, or feel good about the iphone being fragmented like it is now. They screw you, they could very well end up screwing me. Them putting you to a disadvantage, benefits me in no way. Indeed it more than likely works to my detriment.

1. As mentioned above, a backlash against Apple could occur as a result because people waited so long for that phone, and when they finally get it, they have to wait even longer for it to be updated to be even with the other version of the same phone. This could wind up being a marketing and public relations screw up by Apple.

2. A backlash against Verizon. Some who are not so techno savvy are going to see this as a shortcoming of the carrier when they see others with a different carrier being able to do things with their phones which are supposed to be the same as theirs, that they cannot do.

Indeed. But I think people need to recognize this for what it is, and not try and minimize it.

If a similar update is not soon forthcoming to owners of the Verizon iPhone, then a class action lawsuit is not out of the realm of possibility, along with many new customers being alienated and swearing off Apple products in the future.

This has the potential to blow up in either Apple's face, Verizon's face, (I don't care if it blows up in Verizon's face) or both Apple and Verizon's faces unless they get their rear ends in gear and bring the CDMA version iOS 4.3 or something comparable......sooner rather than later.

Iphonefour

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Verizon is legendary in the Blackberry community for taking far longer to test and evaluate OS updates than any other carrier. I have no info but strongly suspect that this is what is going on here.

Regarding you suggestion of a class action lawsuit, that's some funny stuff right there. How come VZW and RIM haven't ever been sued for the delayed release of VZW versions of Blackberry OS's, which has happened regularly over the last several years?

I don't believe that I "suggested" one. I simply stated that one was not beyond the realm of possibility.

I never "suggested" that anyone sue.

Last edited:

FrekeyZeeky

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site

Are you being serious? A class-action lawsuit over an operating system update? So you are saying that I could have sued RIM for having the Blackberry Tour 5.0 software out for the Sprint Tour before my Verizon Tour?

Grow up and relax, we will get an update eventually. Your over-exaggerations are worse than a teenage girl

epphllps

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
As far as VZW goes, I didn't even know they had a say in releasing iPhone updates. That responsibility is all Apple and that won't change. VZW just carries the phone but Apple releases updates for their phone when they want, not when the carrier says they can. Any arguments against Verizon are pretty much moot in regards to iOS.

greasyg2006

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
As far as VZW goes, I didn't even know they had a say in releasing iPhone updates. That responsibility is all Apple and that won't change. VZW just carries the phone but Apple releases updates for their phone when they want, not when the carrier says they can. Any arguments against Verizon are pretty much moot in regards to iOS.

agreed again. Thats why there were no Verizon apps pre loaded on the iPhone. You had to manually download all the verizon apps from the market place. Verizon doesn't have any say in the OS. Thats all Apple. Same goes with AT&T. Thats why all updates are announced through Apple and not AT&T or Verizon.

Iphonefour

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Are you being serious? A class-action lawsuit over an operating system update? So you are saying that I could have sued RIM for having the Blackberry Tour 5.0 software out for the Sprint Tour before my Verizon Tour?

Where did you see me write that????

Grow up and relax, we will get an update eventually. Your over-exaggerations are worse than a teenage girl

And yours and too many other's willingness to repeatedly take something like this and turn the other cheek, perhaps is a contributing reason why it continues on from your Blackberry Tour.

Just "Relax" and "bend over, here it comes again, don't struggle, argue or complain, and it won't hurt so much", is an attitude many choose not to take.

"Relax"? No, you go ahead and "relax". Why shouldn't they keep putting it to you if all you are going to do is "relax" and take it?

Eventually someone is liable to get upset enough about it to do more than simply take it sitting down.

In a time and age when when McDonalds can be successfully sued over a cup of hot coffee scalding someone trying to add cream and sugar to it in their laps and between their legs, and ultimately spilling it on themselves, you betcha, in a society as litigious as this one, were a class action suit in a situation like this one brought, well, other than yourself, it would surprise few.

Last edited:

Iphonefour

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
As far as VZW goes, I didn't even know they had a say in releasing iPhone updates. That responsibility is all Apple and that won't change. VZW just carries the phone but Apple releases updates for their phone when they want,.....

Which is why I pointed out that I was more concerned about a backlash against Apple than a backlash against Verizon.

reyxlp

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

@Iphonefour...:

Dude, my message wasn't directed toward you, it was directed toward the AT&T lurkers on here who are only interested in posting about how much better AT&T is than Verizon on this Verizon forum.

Having said that, don't worry about your Apple shares. People like us on these forums represent an overwhelming minority of users. The average Joe or Jane can barely tell you which version of Windows their office PC is running, let alone that Apple issued AT&T iOS 4.3 but Verizon is still on 4.2.6.

My mechanic analogy wasn't the most applicable, but comparing not getting a timely OS update to getting raped??? Really??? Hahaha... Take it easy, man. Breathe! It's gonna be okay... ;)

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
This cat, who clearly hates Verizon over something that happened at a previous time, is in here trying to make us feel bad. Do you feel the need to point out you have 4.3 and we don't, or are we not grown up enough to keep up with the tech news. I think we are the latter, so therefore I would classify you as an AT&T troll. I have 4.3 on my iPad. I personally don't see anything groundbreaking about it. I'm sure I speak on behalf of the vast majority in the Verizon forums when I say PLEASE take your ball and go home to the AT&T forums. No one here wants to play with you anymore.

Totalimmortal363

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Ha! AT&T will always be the "apple" of Apple's eye so to speak. Verizon is kind of the like the step-child. Yea, we love you but......not REALLYYYYY.

epphllps

Aug 1, 2009
Visit site
Ha! AT&T will always be the "apple" of Apple's eye so to speak. Verizon is kind of the like the step-child. Yea, we love you but......not REALLYYYYY.

If we are going to play that game I am willing to bet against that, especially looking down the road. Just saying...

Iphonefour

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
This cat, who clearly hates Verizon over something that happened at a previous time, is in here trying to make us feel bad.

You still don't get it do you? I'm not here to make anyone "feel bad".

This time, it's your hardware which is not being updated in a timely fashion.

Next time, it could just as easily be mine.

You, for whatever convoluted reason, seem to think that I am somehow "happy" about that.

I think many consumers should be vocal when they have either praise or criticism for any product.

Do you feel the need to point out you have 4.3 and we don't,

No. But watching with peaked interest as to how this whole scenario plays out.

How timely they will be in equalling the playing field by doing a similar iOS update for the CDMA phone should tell us a lot about how serious they are about avoiding fragmentation between the two devices.

How quickly they support you, could very well be an indicator as to how quick they'll support me, when or if, the CDMA version of the phone gets a software update that the GSM phone doesn't.

If they drag their feet on this, well then we'll know that this is not a priority for them, and it is my hope, and yes, my belief, that this isn't the case.

This situation, could just as easily have worked the other way and who knows, next time it just might.

So when people say that they are upset about it, I know I would be.

If they are doing this to you, well then who's next???? That's right, probably me. So people need to be vocal about it.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77