What?!?!? No 4.3 for Verizon??

anon(4712533)

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Another reason why I want the update is because I'm starting to get this message for some of my apps

Screen%20shot%202011-04-10%20at%208.07.42%20AM.png

So for those of you saying not being updated to 4.3 from 4.2.6 isn't a big deal, well for me it is especially if my app's wont update anymore. :eek:

Last edited:

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Another reason why I want the update is because I'm starting to get this message for some of my apps

Screen%20shot%202011-04-10%20at%208.07.42%20AM.png

So for those of you saying not being updated to 4.3 from 4.2.6 isn't a big deal, well for me it is especially if my app's wont update anymore. :eek:

What app? This is what I get trying to view your image, and I am logged in to may Dropbox account.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site

I was a Palm Treo user when Palm was favoring the CDMA users over the GSM users. While it is hard to suggest that Apple offer to one population only what it can offer to both, I am sympathetic to CDMA users now that they are behind the curve. I have not forgotten what it feels like to be in the barrel.

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I was a Palm Treo user when Palm was favoring the CDMA users over the GSM users. While it is hard to suggest that Apple offer to one population only what it can offer to both, I am sympathetic to CDMA users now that they are behind the curve. I have not forgotten what it feels like to be in the barrel.

My issue is that, from what I understand, the things not being available to CDMA users are things iOS specific that the non phones have. Third party support for airplay, setting my email up so it sends from @Mac.com as opposed to @me.com, safari enhancements, etc.

None of this is CDMA related.

Bottomdog

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Verizon / AT&T

I think you're always gonna have the Verizon vs. AT&T argument. I think the bottom line is whatever works for you based on where you live and what you need your iPhone to do is good for you. Verizon works better for some and AT&T for others...thats cool. I think we can all agree that BB and Android both suck next to the iPhone.

Iphonefour

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Last edited:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Well, I was a few days off. It came right between April 11 and April 18, but there you have it:

http://forum.tipb.com/verizon-iphone-forum/211035-ios-4-2-7-update-available-verizon-iphone.html

About the security content of iOS 4.2.7 Software Update for iPhone

What I told you to mark your calendars for.

It also looks like they have released 4.3.2 for the GSM phone today as well.

Yeah, but... still none of the 4.3.x goodies the GSM side has for us Verizon folk... things like the browser update, Air Play... :D

saberahul

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Well, no.

But this 4.2.7 update, at least it's something.

By something Apple means to remove the jailbreak until the next version comes out. When that happens they will release a new update to fix that loophole and the same process continues. I'm jailbroken - unless the OS is exceptionally great, I would wait for an untethered release and then update and then JB.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77