Need help with calendar.

fmflex

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
So my wife and I got iPhones. Before I had a bb and she had a droid. We used to be able to set a calendar event, invite the other person and it would automatically get added to the calendar. Can't figure out how to do it on iPhones. I make an event, invite her, she gets the email, but it does not add the event to her calendar. Any help would be great. Thanks.

tourstagefan

May 15, 2010
Visit site
So my wife and I got iPhones. Before I had a bb and she had a droid. We used to be able to set a calendar event, invite the other person and it would automatically get added to the calendar. Can't figure out how to do it on iPhones. I make an event, invite her, she gets the email, but it does not add the event to her calendar. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Check "Settings" then click on "Mail, Contacts, Calendar," scroll to the bottom section titled "Calendars." What is your "Default Calendar" setting? Check that setting first. You may both have different settings as your default calendar.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Edit the event and tap on Invitees. Click the + sign and then tap on the contact from your address book that you want to invite.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
slalomskie, are you using an exchange account (perhaps Gmail set up as Exchange)? That's the only way you'll get invitees.

generik777

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
No just mail, I suppose that's probably why. I guess I don't really see myself inviting someone to a calendar event anyway, was just curious.

billybaldin

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
We bypass all that by having our own calenders but also having a mutual calender. We have kids and they have their own. Add in doctors, dentists and whatever else it gets busy. When an appointment is made it goes into the shared calender. Within minutes (usually less) it has been updated on everyones calenders on their phones and Google calender online. It works in all directions no matter who adds the apointment.