New and Improved iPhone 4 Batch?

xxDruMMer BoYxx

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
So my girlfriend was having problems with her phone, we went to the Apple store yesterday and got it replaced. I'm in the mall lobby outside the Apple store so that I can sit down and put her anti-glare screen on before we leave, in the sun glare I notice something different, the proximity just looks different. I quickly compare it to mine and quickly notice the difference.

The proximity sensor on hers is smaller in size, AND more noticeable in color. I could point out more stuff than just the proximity sensor like the camera colors and all but that can differ from iPhone to iPhone. But the proximity sensor, that's something that should stay at least the same size. But it's not. Looks like it to me that it's been improved.

My iPhone 4 (older batch)
98e4c545.jpg

Her iPhone 4 (newer batch)
4b34741a.jpg

(I will take pictures in the sun tomorrow so you all won't have an argument as far as flash glare, sorry, it's night time here and had to post asap)

Last edited:

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Its hard to tell from the pictures, but I didn't get my iPhone until September and I've never had any problems with it. I've always wondered if they were "tweaked" a bit after the initial launch.

trtmazda3

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I got my iPhone 4 on September 24th, and I've never had any of the proximity sensor, antenna "death grip", or yellow-spot screen issues. I always wait a while initially before buying anything new, whether it's a car or a cell phone. Kinks and bugs always get worked out along the way.

xxDruMMer BoYxx

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
Like I said, I noticed it with direct sunlight as you can see the proximity in sunlight much easier on any iPhone. But as I promised, I will post a better, more natural sunlight version just as I saw to be fair. But you can tell that on her phone you can see it easier than on mine. (Had a busy wasn't able to post the pics up)

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I think if you tell people where to look. I'm thinking you're talking the oval shaped thing over the earpeice right? If so hers is def lighter than yours and more noticable. I could also see a difference in front cameras or is that just me? I got my phone on launch day here in Canada and never had any issues at all. After four months I had it replaced because it kept saying the SIM card was not there when it was. I still have that problem with this phone too though but it's only intermittent and not very frequent so I hVen't taken this one back. I've only had it happen on this one twice so far.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I got my iPhone 4 on September 24th, and I've never had any of the proximity sensor, antenna "death grip", or yellow-spot screen issues. I always wait a while initially before buying anything new, whether it's a car or a cell phone. Kinks and bugs always get worked out along the way.

same exact situation for me except i waited until Dec when my upgrade was available

for the life of me i cannot get my signal to drop :D

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77