who switched from Android to iOS and why??

Genericmessage00

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
iPhone Vs. Android

The never ending battle of insanity.

People feel like warriors for these massive companies worth billions and billions of YOUR dollars.

It's kinda sad really.

Anywho.

I switched from Android to iOS for the time being. I like it. It's nice. Am I devoted to it? No. I haven't sworn an allegiance to this device (like so many have 0_o). I am hopeful to see what the prime brings.

ivan1.ruiz

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I switched because sprint messed me up on charges for devices I never ordered but I always wanted an iPhone. I'm with AT&T now and lovin the service.

The only thing I used to miss where the widgets but now not so much. J love the keyboard on the iPhone and the speed of the device itself. Not to mention all the apps.

kikideath

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Here in the US at least there is no restocking fee if you buy it from the apple store. If you buy it from the carrier then there is a restocking fee, though it's nowhere near $120.

Dienaldy_k

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
im switching from Samsung ace to Iphone 4,Because I need More strength battery Life.. and I got It from My Iphone 4, And My Samsung have a lag sometime.. like the phone button doesnt work, and The most Thing i hate is.. The battery Life.. so I decided to move on to Iphone 4, and now here i am Be a part of TIPb and Love my Iphone so much

mrobertson21

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
for me, i really really love android (full stop.) but im just tired of having to root my 2 month old phone in order to get the latest software updates. custom ROMs can be cool, and they're a big reason why people stick with android, but for me, i like to have the latest software for my phone on a reasonable schedule. there's alot of guesswork that goes along with having an android device (will my phone get froyo/gingerbread/ICS) and i just got tired of it. i hate having a phone not being sure if it'll be left by the wayside.

also, the app ecosystem is undeniably better for iOS. IMO, if there is an exclusive app, it'll be iOS exclusive WAY before it'd be android exclusive (ex: Instagram). that's not to say android doesnt have its upsides. those two things were really getting to me though.

so i came (back) to iphone! i miss the larger screen size of my droid incredible 2, but i think the retina display kinda makes up for it.

vinndy

May 2, 2011
Visit site
My experience

I was a long time BB user who was ready for a change. At the time VZW didn;t have the iphone, so I got a droid, long story short, it was the worst phone experience I ever had. Non-intuitive funtionality coupled with apps, tools, and stuff I didn't want and couldn't get rid of. I had a 30 day trial and gae it back on day 11. I hated every single aspect of the driod I had (incredible). Then I got an ip4 and it is night and day. Smooth, easy to use and "smart" OS.

knowlivelove516

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I just switched from a samsung fascinate the the 4. I really like android but I've always secretly coveted the iphone. Plus I am mac everything else. I just love the way iphone works and looks. There are things that I already miss about android but there are always going to be positives and negatives based on your own personal preference. For example, to me it's a really big deal that you can set the alarm to vibrate! But there doesn't seem to be any great ways to work around it so I guess most people don't care lol

Pirate

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Switched from Droid X to IP4 because of streaming apps, Netflix, CNN, and others would not work on Android at the time. I am a big data user. More useful OS, IMO. :cool:

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I used a few Android smartphones in the past, the most recent one being the Samsung Infuse. However, I always end up back with my iPhones before too long. Both platforms have their ups and downs but I just find that the iPhone is better at meeting my needs.

peterthomas

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Since all of the guys here are related to both of the stuff, the android and the iOS, I would like to ask about the differences! I am confused about which one to choose, if you people can somehow help me I ll be thankful for it.

Genericmessage00

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
Since all of the guys here are related to both of the stuff, the android and the iOS, I would like to ask about the differences! I am confused about which one to choose, if you people can somehow help me I ll be thankful for it.

I say to go into the store and play with both of them. Also use a friends. I decided to switch it up because my friends had them and I wanted to see what the app store and in-store (oh lord) for me.

But just take your time, play with 'em all. See what one suits you better.

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I just want my phone to work..

I have an a few different smartphones these past few years. BB Storm, the OG Droid(twice), Pre+(twice), and the Fascinate. I had little problems with Android here or there. I really hated that I had to use different apps to get my music off of iTunes. I have a Mac and I love iTunes and it just became a pain to get music onto my Fascinate. Then the Fascinate started having problems, it was exchanged for another Fascinate. That one suffered the same problems. I'm now on my 3RD Fascinate and it's still a POS. Force closes, random reboots, phone starts vibrating and kicking my out of any app I'm in. It's annoying.

And here is what did it in for me, the Fascinate gets an update from Verizon and ever since then it was been terrible to use. about 75% of SMS that I send out get returned with "unable to send" So I send it again and then I get friends and family asking why its being sent twice. WTF? I'm just sick of it. Completely useless. I called Verizon about the texting issue and the "wonderful" rep tells me its my fault that SMS isn't working. I'm done.

Switched to Sprint and my iPhone CANNOT come soon enough!!

anon(5335877)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

iOS = If you want a phone that "just works" and you don't mind living in Apple's walled garden. Simple, easy to use, smooth, reliable, better looking apps.

Android = You like choice, and love messing around with your phone and customizing it. Lots of different phones with different form factors to choose from. 4G phones available on CDMA carriers. Great Google integration.

Like someone mentioned, try both in person.

Right now I have an Android phone, but I'm trying to switch carriers so I can get the iPhone. I want a phone that just works, I'm tired of having to flash CM7 (which still has bugs on my phone) because what came on the phone stock really sucked.

Aubre34

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Here's what I think. I like both android and iOS. But as a phone, the iPhone is just a more reliable, sturdy, better functioning phone in my opinion. So what I did was stick with my trusty iPhone and picked up and android tablet to get my android fix. Nothing beats those free market apps!!!!!!!:D;)

Designed4Him

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Haven't Made the Switch (YET!)

for me, i really really love android (full stop.) but im just tired of having to root my 2 month old phone in order to get the latest software updates. custom ROMs can be cool, and they're a big reason why people stick with android, but for me, i like to have the latest software for my phone on a reasonable schedule. there's alot of guesswork that goes along with having an android device (will my phone get froyo/gingerbread/ICS) and i just got tired of it. i hate having a phone not being sure if it'll be left by the wayside .

This is where I have to agree with you; I have the Samsung Epic, Had the Evo, The Palm Pre, Centro and Instinct. I love technology and I get almost every phone. I have been wanting iPhone from the beginning and I couldn't because I was with Sprint. I got the Epic in May because I was told it would get 2.3 and it never did. I am tired of wasting my time with these Androids and having to root everything to get an updated device. At least with Apple I know that if I purchase a device I can expect an upgrade on at least 2-3 years of past Apple devices. Once December 1st hits I will make my transition.

Ginbill

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I loved my Evo but the battery life (without tweaking and jailbreaking, etc) was just ridiculous. I even got a replacement battery for it and the battery life was just not acceptable. It would barely last 8 hours - most of that being on standby. My iPhone lasts around 20 hours on a single charge, I would not be more pleased with my decision to switch over to iOS.

hollidizzle

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
I tried android for a short stint but i just couldn't get used to it. I'm all for customization but I found Android to be TOO customizable. Widgets infuriated me and I love the folders in iOS for organizing my apps.

My battery life did significantly suck while on Droid... However, I do like Swipe and the Google integration. I use a lot of Gmail And Google Chat...

I love iTunes/iCloud. Everything with Apple is basically the same. From Mac to iPad to iPhone to iPod it's all ONE system. Simple, effective, and once you master it you can use any iDevice. The "Android" OS is spread through a lot of different manufacturers (HTC, Samsung, etc). And doesn't have a "hub" to manage all your info (iTunes).

Ive found that once I mastered jailbreaking I can customize almost infinitely. Even emulating an Android somewhat if i chose to do so (Dreamboard). So I think it's fair to say a Jailbroken iphone >>>>> A rooted Android. I do like Android. I just like iOS better :D

tack

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
My 4S arrives tomorrow. I switched because I have a ton of Apple accessories and wanted my phone to work with them, and my wife has a 4 so we can FaceTime easily. The media features were really why for me. I also use an iPad a lot, and having iMessage two places is a plus. Lastly, I think the Exchange support in iOS are superior to Android.

I am leaving a Droid Incredible 2. I am a huge fan of Android and love customizing my OS and phone. I will agree that Android almost takes too much effort to customize and it is behind in Exchange support. I fear I will miss all you can do with Android in terms of OS customization. Android in some ways is more powerful and flexible than iOS, and I loved my 4" screen. In the end, I just wanted a few killer features where I feel the iPhone is better.

I give the iPhone Hughes props for just working well and being more straight forward.

bowtechshooter

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I just had to change from android to the IPhone 4s. My last phone was the Galaxy S2.
I had to change because the company I work for changed phone companies and bought
everyone the new iPhones. To be honest, this iPhone has frustrated me to no end.
I can't access my files and folders the way I could with my Galaxy S2. It was much
easier to save my files where I wanted and access them with ease. I could create and modify Excel and Word files. The keyboards were much more user friendly. Files, photos' music, etc. could be moved or deleted with ease. I hate being tied to iTunes to sync my music. I don't like the fact that I am limited to 16 GB of storage with this phone. I had 16 GB of phone storage plus a 32 GB card in my Galaxy S2. Making and using ringtones
was so much easier with my Samsung. I have heard and believe that the iPhone is more
reliable but I really miss my Galaxy S2. I am trying to get used to this iPhone and find
it's strong points and having lots of trouble. Maybe you guys in this forum could help. I am sure I will be viewing this forum a lot.

bravesfan007

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I switched back in June because I got tired of the Android phone going into a continual reboot. Also, I was on one carrier and could not get 3G service where I work or at home with them, so I switched. It made since to me that since I was paying for the service I needed to be able to use it. That and the phone never working right after a year, I just got fed up. I had Apple products all over my house, but I wanted the integration with Google. Well, needless to say, I got fed up when it didn't work.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2