Prepaid Iphone4 in the US

sebicatana

Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
OK guys, so I am leaving in a few weeks from Toronto to New York for a whole year for work.
I am curious if anyone knows how I can use my jail-broken Iphone4 in US on a pay as you go account. What I would like to know (maybe someone is already using it) which carrier gives you more data, for I will be using Skype a lot... The only offer I found was from AT&T, but it only gives you 200MB data.
Am I better off getting into a month to month contract for a year? If so, which provider should I use and why?
Thank you for your help! Sebastian

smalcom

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
The only authorized GSM carrier for the iPhone in the US is AT&T. Is your phone unlocked? You might try T-Mobile to see if they would accept it on their network. iPhone is not available on a prepay/pay-as-you-go basis.

AT&T offers 200MB of data for $15/month with each additional 200MB charged at $15. If you exceed the 200MB, you buy another 200MB. They also offer 2GB for $25/month with the same terms. There is no Unlimited data plan available to new users.

anon(5335877)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Plus, if you go with T-Mobile, you'd have to cut the SIM into a microSIM. Furthermore, you would only get EDGE data, which may not be fast enough for Skype.

OKCChuck

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I've heard of it happening. I bought a 3GS from a guy on Craigslist who said he was on a prepaid.

Edit

Just realized it was a 3G and it was a few years ago. I went and looked at the prepaid plan.. I don't think you can..

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2