Dropped Calls

cody

May 17, 2006
Visit site
i dropped a call today on the way home from work in an area that i have never dropped one before. i will try again tomorrow and see if it happens again.

i seem to have a good signal strength, but that is just bars and they can lie.

bcollins021

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
i dropped a call today on the way home from work in an area that i have never dropped one before. i will try again tomorrow and see if it happens again.

i seem to have a good signal strength, but that is just bars and they can lie.

i have dropped 4 calls today at my home where i always have good verizon signal i even had 3 bars when it dropped the calls so i called verizon they had me dial *228 and that seems to have fixed the problem so we'll see

Reactions: VZiPhoneFinally

miro

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Having similar issues. I dropped 3 calls in my office which has poor service but passable in most cases. The iPhone dropped them . Then driving home, I dropped 2 calls in an area I have never dropped before. This is all after *228. I am very nervous. Can't have a phone that doesn't hold calls.

tcoche

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I've had my iPhone since monday afternoon. I have been using it everyday. Numerous calls, texts and data usage. I have not had ANY issues. This phone gets better reception and call quality than my BB storm 2 ever did. Im a happy camper!!

occb2

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I got my phone on monday. Not one dropped call. I had an hour conversation through the poconos mountains. Trust me when I tell you that I would have dropped that call tons of times with ATT. I do have to say that I have had a case on it since I got it. So I don't have a death grip issue.

debo6052

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Had mine since Mon. afternoon & NO problems at all. I usually have dropped calls when talking to my son on his at&t iphone, but so far so good. Previous issue was probably on his end anyway,lol!

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I've had my iPhone since monday afternoon. I have been using it everyday. Numerous calls, texts and data usage. I have not had ANY issues. This phone gets better reception and call quality than my BB storm 2 ever did. Im a happy camper!!

Ditto. So much better than the pre I gave up.

WyckedAnkh

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I had one dropped call at my house but that's because my house is in BFE and I can't get reception with almost any phone. I have better reception with the iPhone though than my previous phones which I am very happy about. Everywhere else I have great reception and no problems.

mededitor

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Have had mine since Monday and started making and receiving a number of calls today. I've had 2 dropped calls, both at my home. Calls from other places were strong and clear.

I'm a little concerned about the 2 dropped calls. My iPhone automatically connects to my home wifi and I have more signal bars at home than I had on my VZW BB Bold.

One of the calls dropped as 2 emails were arriving. I was under the impression that emails wouldn't come through if I was using the phone, just like every other phone I've used on VZW. I don't want emails to take precedence over phone calls so I want to keep an eye on that. It's possible that the call dropped before I realized it and then the emails arrived.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2