Hiding or Minimizing Keyboard in SMS?

jeansojs

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Let the newbie questions begin! So how do you minimize or hide the Keyboard in the SMS app to easily scroll through the message bubbles and have a wider viewing area? On my Droid you could just swipe from top to bottom and it would hide it. Is there something similar in iOS? Thanks!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
You can't... at least I have not found a way yet... There is often a "key" on the virtual keyboard to hide the KB, but for some reason, it's not available when you're in the SMS screen.

vietalogy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
It use to hide when you clicked on the chat but apple took it out for some odd reason. Only way now is to jailbreak and use bitesms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
That is absurd. I think it should auto hide or at least give us a button to hide the keyboard

... however, Mr Jobs doesn't think it should... so it doesn't. It's the ultimate Golden Rule (the one with the gold gets to make the rules).

jeff1974w

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
If you back out of the text chat to the main texting screen (text inbox) and open the text message from there, the keyboard will be gone until you touch in the bubble to write your message.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2