There isn't a LCD notification light?

MrsStraty

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
I haven't noticed any light blinking for notifications. Also my push email doesn't seem to be working, I have to set it to check every 15 minutes in order to get any notification without opening up my email manually. Any way around this? I'm absolutely loving my new viP.

Joe..Cool

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
Your email should be setup as POP, with POP email it will not push. The phone will pull emails from your acct every 15 minutes. If you need them sooner than that setup a GMail acct and it will push from there.

anaphora68

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Trolling over the "other" iPhone forum.

Verizon.net email is Yahoo email, basically. You can't set it up for true push, only "pull." No way around that. Your best bet is to migrate to a GMail account and set it up through Google sync/Exchange.

No notification light. You won't miss it after about a week, trust me. I switched from a Droid Incredible to an iPhone two weeks ago.

Reactions: shipwrestler125

theswami

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
No light even if you jailbreak. I hope Apple adds this functionality. I got used to it from my Palm/Treo and Blackberry days.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Do you guys understand that a led notification requires hardware change and not software? If you look at any device with led notification it has a little square or something which allows for the light. So this is by design and not flaw. It's been like that with the iPhone for almost 4 years now.

mikesa_tx

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
If everyone is so concerned about a damn LED light for notification then why not stick with a Blackberry. Think it is so funny that people are complaining about this.

liquidzoo

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
If everyone is so concerned about a damn LED light for notification then why not stick with a Blackberry. Think it is so funny that people are complaining about this.

Or Droid. I completely agree. Don't focus on what it doesn't have, focus instead on the wonderfulness that is the iPhone.

MrsStraty

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
For the record I was not complaining about the lack of a LED light, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything on my new iPhone. Doesn't make it or break it for me at all!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77