Free Hotspot For VZW iPhone?

W00tn3ss

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Hello All!
I was wondering today how to get the Personal Hotspot feature for free and I was thinking... Why couldnt you download the new beta IOS4.3 and doesnt have a free mobile hotspot? Would that work for our phones?
W00tn3ss

p08757

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
From my past experience on Verizon, if you use that feature, you will be directed to a Verizon Web Page asking you to sign up for the service.

Your best bet is to jailbreak your phone and run an alternative program to do the same thing.

Check out the apps section in the forums...

W00tn3ss

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. Hopefully someone is working on a hack or mod to get this for free without downloading and paying for mywi (hint hint!!!!)

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. Hopefully someone is working on a hack or mod to get this for free without downloading and paying for mywi (hint hint!!!!)

Well we can't have everything for free. The developers need money too at some point. I would say just pay the small 1 time fee for mobile hotspot via jailbreaking. It's worth it. 20 bucks 1 time is better than 20 buck recurring. Think of it as an extra accessory for your iPhone ;)

p08757

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site

I have no problem paying for a program that works. If we didn't pay the Dev's they wouldn't write good programs.

Joe..Cool

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site

I first paid 10 bucks for mywi and now it's 20, you might want to get it now before the price goes up again.

W00tn3ss

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Suggesting piracy is highly frowned upon here.
In no way am I suggesting piracy.
On my Droid X it comes with the mobile hotspot app as well. What someone did was hack it so it was free. How they did was that when you activated the hotspot it would turn 3g off and then back on again. How the hotspot works is that Verizon, when the hotspot is activated, changes the network connection from VZW3G to VZW3GEVD so they can charge you for it. And turning 3G on and then off again keeps the the VZW3G instead of switching to the VZW3GEVD. I was just suggesting that maybe someone could create this hack again for this iPhone and for free. Or i would pay a small fee for it as well..

wcarlson40#IM

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
In no way am I suggesting piracy.
On my Droid X it comes with the mobile hotspot app as well. What someone did was hack it so it was free. How they did was that when you activated the hotspot it would turn 3g off and then back on again. How the hotspot works is that Verizon, when the hotspot is activated, changes the network connection from VZW3G to VZW3GEVD so they can charge you for it. And turning 3G on and then off again keeps the the VZW3G instead of switching to the VZW3GEVD. I was just suggesting that maybe someone could create this hack again for this iPhone and for free. Or i would pay a small fee for it as well..

The problem with this, is that Apple would never approve this "hack" for the app store. Hence, the need to jailbreak. And there already are jailbreak apps that do this...