I checked my order on Apple's website and the status is now "Prepared for shipment." I can't tell you how stoked I'd be if I had it before the weekend. I guess I can keep my fingers crossed.
    02-03-2011 08:04 AM
    Mine is prepared for shipment as well. My guess it will stay that way until Monday or Tuesday.
    02-03-2011 08:13 AM
    Wow, theyre cookin... I just dont get why on earth they will sit on them for a week???? Even Apples site says on or before the 10th, yet mine says it will ship on the 10th, not living up to either ON or BEFORE. Perhaps the definition of these words has changed and I missed the memo.
    02-03-2011 08:21 AM
    Wow, theyre cookin... I just dont get why on earth they will sit on them for a week???? Even Apples site says on or before the 10th, yet mine says it will ship on the 10th, not living up to either ON or BEFORE. Perhaps the definition of these words has changed and I missed the memo.
    I think we will get them no earlier than the 8th and no later than the 10th. I think they say by the 10th so if it arrives early we are happily surprised vs if its late we will be flaming pissed.
    02-03-2011 08:26 AM
    Mine is prepared for shipment as well. My guess it will stay that way until Monday or Tuesday.
    That's probably the case but a boy can dream. I've been using a 3 year old LG flip phone since January 11th and it's killing me not to have the features of a smart phone.

I ordered an iPad Monday around noon and it was shipped the same day, so I know Apple can get things out quickly.
    02-03-2011 08:26 AM
    I ordered mine this morning when the pre-ordering started and the order is now in "Pre" status.
    02-03-2011 09:07 AM
    I wonder if people who ordered from apple.com will getting them before people who ordered from verizon's website. I ordered from verizon's website and when you go to the status page, it still says:

Order Status: We received your order and it is in process.
    Expected Ship Date: 02/10/2011
    02-03-2011 09:10 AM
    Looking back through forums about past product pre-orders and launches, there seems to be a 2-3 day delay from "Prepared for Shipment" to "Shipped." Sometimes that was due to status changing to "Prepared for Shipment" on a Friday, with no further updates until Monday. Hard to figure out any pattern. Many were shipping directly from China - not sure if that will happen with ours or if Apple/Verizon is sitting on warehouses/FedEx trucks full of these things.
    02-03-2011 09:47 AM
    Mine says "order could not be found."
    02-03-2011 10:14 AM
    It will sit in "Prepared for Shipment" status for a few days.
    02-03-2011 10:17 AM
    I wonder if people who ordered from apple.com will getting them before people who ordered from verizon's website. I ordered from verizon's website and when you go to the status page, it still says:

Order Status: We received your order and it is in process.
    Expected Ship Date: 02/10/2011
    Mine says the exact same thing
    02-03-2011 10:18 AM
    Mine says "order could not be found."
    If your order number has letters make sure you type them in CAPS. This was my issue but typing in caps resolved it.
    02-03-2011 10:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD