Leaked Model Number Theory

Joey4u615

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
Was thinking about the 4.3 leak that contained the model numbers iPhone 3,3, 4,1, and 4,2.

What if the iPhone 3,3 is a "Global Version" of the iPhone 4 that will launch this Summer while 4,1 and 4,2 are the model numbers for next year's major revision of the iPhone.

This continues with Apple's tradition of a major Revision every other year with the opposite year being an incremental upgrade. This keeps Verizon customers happy so they don't feel they just were offered an obsolete phone a few months early and this also keeps AT&T happy because they can offer a new phone to their customers.

Before AT&T just had access to most countries, now with the inclusion of the dual CDMA/GSM qualcomm chip, the iPhone will work in nearly every country with cell phone reception. And of course they would bump the battery and the processor a bit to make the "iPhone Global" desirable to Apple fanboys.

Thoughts?

EDIT: I'm sorry, I should have posted this in the "Rumors" section, I did not realize when I posted this.

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I think the 3,3 refers to the white Verizon iPhone variant with the fixed antenna (AT&T's white iPhone was referred to as 3,1 at one point). 4,1 and 4,2 are prob the coming summer refresh for AT&T and Verizon respectively.

Last edited:

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
This continues with Apple's tradition of a major Revision every other year with the opposite year being an incremental upgrade.

What? Apple has done no such thing, the iPhone hasn't been around long enough to even establish the slightest bit of "tradition".

The only thing that has proven true so far about new iPhones is that each one has gotten more changes than the one before it.

Joey4u615

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
The only thing that has proven true so far about new iPhones is that each one has gotten more changes than the one before it.

I suppose that's what I'm suggesting. When comparing the original iPhone to the iPhone 3G, the changes are minor yet while comparing the original iPhone to the 3Gs, the upgrades are much more substantial. The same can be said when comparing the 3G to the 3Gs.

Tradition may be too strong of a word, but there seems to be a trend forming at the least.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77