Is It Possible To Bill A Phone To Your Account When Ordering Online?

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to be as prepared as possible for this launch to ensure that I get my iPhone, so I was wondering if there's a way to charge the phone to the account if I order online? I don't have a problem using my debit card if I have to, but I'd rather charge it to the account.

coltsbr

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
What I have seen in the past is that certain accounts are able to charge new devices on their accounts.

Not sure what all the requirements are for that. I was told that you have to have your account for so long and never have had a late payment was part of it.

caribouranch

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
From the official Verizon Wireless forums, from a Verizon employee:

I have listed the Bill To Account equipment eligibility below:

To Be Eligible:

* An account with at least six months of service.
* Account must be current.

Not Eligible:

* An account with less than six months of service.
* Cash only accounts (currently or in the past six months).
* Customers who have a security deposit.
* Related past due accounts
* No Suspends and/or hotlines at time of request to Bill to Account

The BTA (Bill To Account) requirements and limits for consumer accounts are as follows:

* $350 for each existing MDN (Mobile Directory Number) on an account with a $1050 cap per account per billing cycle. There is also a limit of up to five accessories per active line included in these limits.

* $350 for accounts with one MDN.
* $700 for accounts with two MDNs.
* $1050 for accounts with three or more MDNs.

Morgan
Verizon Wireless
Area Operations

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I know the above is true in stores or from telesales... I've never tried to BTA on-line. My only on-line experience required a credit card.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Right, I know I can do it as I did it with my Droid 2 and Galaxy Tab (as well as a few others), but what I don't know is if there is a way to do it online instead of checking out with my debit card? I appreciate the replies, though. :)

RNCCRN9706

Jan 19, 2009
Visit site
I did it with the Incredible last summer but cancelled the order before it was fulfilled as the Incredible was still on backorder at that time.

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
You probably can't only because I've never seen an option to charge phone to your account when going through the checkout process online.

I do know that I was able to charge a phone to my account when I placed an order for my wife's Droid 2 but opted to just pay for it then. I believe your best bet, if that is your preferred payment method, would be to call to place an order.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
You probably can't only because I've never seen an option to charge phone to your account when going through the checkout process online.

I do know that I was able to charge a phone to my account when I placed an order for my wife's Droid 2 but opted to just pay for it then. I believe your best bet, if that is your preferred payment method, would be to call to place an order.

That's what I thought, thanks for the confirmation. :)

ZOFOURTWENTY

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if your account reflects a credit of the amount of the iphone 199 or 299 + tax and you call in to pre-order then they may let you BTA, not sure if this would work online as the system might not reflect the credit or recognize it

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
or call c/s and ask

I did and the CSR pretty much swore on baby Jesus that there is a "bill to account" button when you checkout online, but I've never seen it. I tried to get to the screen but it wanted me to change my plan for another phone and without doing that, it just wasn't possible to check.

durangojim#AC

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
There is definately a bill to account button at the end of the checkout process. I've done this twice and is a great way to "pay" for a phone if you're not sure you're to keep it (I returned both the droid x and fascinate that I bought after my incredible).

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
There is definately a bill to account button at the end of the checkout process. I've done this twice and is a great way to "pay" for a phone if you're not sure you're to keep it (I returned both the droid x and fascinate that I bought after my incredible).

Really? I have never, ever seen it in all the times I've ordered phones online.

BryanTheRed

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
From my experience it is not available for pre orders online. My last experience with this was with the Droid Pro, could only bill to the account once the device was released...

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Right, I know I can do it as I did it with my Droid 2 and Galaxy Tab (as well as a few others), but what I don't know is if there is a way to do it online instead of checking out with my debit card? I appreciate the replies, though. :)

From my experience it is not available for pre orders online. My last experience with this was with the Droid Pro, could only bill to the account once the device was released...

Jakes - I have used it online in the past, but not for a preorder. Regardless, from reading your other posts, I am going to say you have to use your debit card, as, if I remember correctly, you will be paying full retail, which would exceed the $350.

My advice, be ready to put it all on the debit card.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Jakes - I have used it online in the past, but not for a preorder. Regardless, from reading your other posts, I am going to say you have to use your debit card, as, if I remember correctly, you will be paying full retail, which would exceed the $350.

My advice, be ready to put it all on the debit card.

Yeah, I had $1,000 in cash set aside for the iPhone and accessories and I already deposited it in my account - so I'm gonna use my debit card. What's the $350 about though? Are you implying there's a $350 limit on what you can bill to your account? Because I charged my Samsung Galaxy Tab to my account, which was $600 before tax.

iSRS

iOS & macOS Champion, Trusted Member
Champion
Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I had $1,000 in cash set aside for the iPhone and accessories and I already deposited it in my account - so I'm gonna use my debit card. What's the $350 about though? Are you implying there's a $350 limit on what you can bill to your account? Because I charged my Samsung Galaxy Tab to my account, which was $600 before tax.

I am referring to this part (cut the unneeded part out)
From the official Verizon Wireless forums, from a Verizon employee:

The BTA (Bill To Account) requirements and limits for consumer accounts are as follows:

* $350 for each existing MDN (Mobile Directory Number) on an account with a $1050 cap per account per billing cycle. There is also a limit of up to five accessories per active line included in these limits.

* $350 for accounts with one MDN.
* $700 for accounts with two MDNs.
* $1050 for accounts with three or more MDNs.

Morgan
Verizon Wireless
Area Operations

Do you have 2 lines on your account? Perhaps that is it and it pulls them into the total.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2