I don't get it

titansjonne#WN

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
So verizon cut the 20 month upgrade policy. What exactly does it mean? Im elegible for an upgrade next year. So i planned on buying the iphone 4 this year for full retail then get the newer one next year on my upgrade. Does that mean, i don't get to use the upgrade price for $199? Don't tell me im actually going to have to pay full retail next year too. That's just crazy.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
If you pay full retail now, you'll be eligible to upgrade after 20 months into your contract, and will be able to do that at whatever the discounted/subsidized contract pricing is at that time.

What was cut was the inducement offered to some customers after they've been in contract after one year to upgrade early for a fee. They also discontinued offering certain customers discounts as they had in the past with the "new every two" thing.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
VZW Upgrade FAQ

"New Every Two was a marketing program available to customers who signed up for a two-year plan of at least $34.99 per month. Enrolled customers were eligible for a $30 or $50 credit toward a new phone depending on their monthly access tier.

New lines of service will no longer be enrolled in the New Every Two program. If you are currently enrolled, you may redeem your New Every Two benefit one more time for up to six months after fulfilling 20 months of your two-year term."

titansjonne#WN

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
If you pay full retail now, you'll be eligible to upgrade after 20 months into your contract, and will be able to do that at whatever the discounted/subsidized contract pricing is at that time.

What was cut was the inducement offered to some customers after they've been in contract after one year to upgrade early for a fee. They also discontinued offering certain customers discounts as they had in the past with the "new every two" thing.
lol i must be mentally challenged. So your saying your still eligible for the upgrade price when your upgrade dates comes around. But your not allowed to early upgradE? That's fine. I just want to be sure that whenever i try to upgrade a line, i won't have to pay full retail?

LooNTooNs

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I was told that my NE2 date is march 12th. I can upgrade to the iPhone at the promo rate on feb 3. If I wait till march 12th I will get an extra $50 off(I'm not waiting). After I upgrade I will no longer be enrolled in the Ne2 promotion. I was told that will start offering other phone specific upgrade deals.

kilofoxtrot

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
DJ_10

Verizon terminated two upgrade programs for new customers on Jan 16th:

NE2 which gives you a discount on top of new customer pricing.

Annual Upgrade which allowed certain customers who qualify to upgrade after 1 year into a 2 year contract. One gets new customer pricing + a small fee ($20 I believe)

In both cases, if you were eligible before the 16th, you are grandfathered until you use it. Once you do, its gone for good.

Phil DeLong

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
DJ_10

Verizon terminated two upgrade programs for new customers on Jan 16th:

NE2 which gives you a discount on top of new customer pricing.

Annual Upgrade which allowed certain customers who qualify to upgrade after 1 year into a 2 year contract. One gets new customer pricing + a small fee ($20 I believe)

In both cases, if you were eligible before the 16th, you are grandfathered until you use it. Once you do, its gone for good.

That's good to know, I was thinking I had lost my annual upgrade all together.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
lol i must be mentally challenged. So your saying your still eligible for the upgrade price when your upgrade dates comes around. But your not allowed to early upgradE? That's fine. I just want to be sure that whenever i try to upgrade a line, i won't have to pay full retail?

If you're 20 months or more into a 2 year contract, you pay the promotional/subsidized price, whatever that is - not full retail, unless you really want to pay full retail, and go month to month once your contract expires.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2