Couple of Questions still not answered...

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Since Verizon has always firmly stated that their network is best, I'm curious:

Will FaceTime be allowed over 3G?
Will the YouTube app be throttled over 3G or will it be allowed in HQ as it is on Droids?
Will music streaming services have lower bitrates over 3G than WiFi?
Will there still be the 20MB music/app download limit on 3G?

Any thoughts?

I'm also really curious if Verizon will offer the $6 insurance that they offer on all other smartphones but my guess on that is an unfortunate no.

Sky_eye

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Will the YouTube app be throttled over 3G or will it be allowed in HQ as it is on Droids?

Any thoughts?

I'm also really curious if Verizon will offer the $6 insurance that they offer on all other smartphones but my guess on that is an unfortunate no.

1. I haven't heard any word on FaceTime, but I am willing to guess it will be limited to Wifi, since its Apple's call.

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
1. I haven't heard any word on FaceTime, but I am willing to guess it will be limited to Wifi, since its Apple's call.

Actually, Steve Jobs said at the Keynote announcing the iPhone 4 that at launch FaceTime would be WiFi only but they were working with the carriers for it to be over 3G also. I think it was AT&T and not Apple who made that call.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I think the Facetime over 3G will be dictated by software from Apple and I bet you see this feature available on iOS 5.0

Sky_eye

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Actually, Steve Jobs said at the Keynote announcing the iPhone 4 that at launch FaceTime would be WiFi only but they were working with the carriers for it to be over 3G also. I think it was AT&T and not Apple who made that call.

Yeah It launched with WiFi only but we haven't heard anything yet from them about 3G.

I would believe it's Apple's call since it not over 3G anywhere yet, in contrast where tethering was everywhere else but AT&T.

p08757

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site

Any thoughts?

On YouTube, Music Streaming services, and download limit on 3G -- Verizon Wireless allows HQ YouTube, High Bitrate music streaming, and unlimited music/app downloads on other smart phones, so I don't see why this would change for the iPhone.

I also think that their $5.99/month insurance would be available through their insurance company.

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Verizon's website offers the insurance under the iPhone, and they haven't said they're capping downloads, and it's currently unlimited, so my guess it's not changing.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77