Jailbreak and unlock Verizon iPhone?

uf_gators

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Problems.....

ok I am new at this . so I tried to do the download of the jailbreak, and when I go to open up the greenpoison it prompts me saying can not open file..I am on a mac using 10.5.8 PPC/ non intel.... this happens every time. any suggestions ???

Also: does the wifi personal hot spot suppose to be in the settings ? or does it appear only if you pay the extra 20.00 a month ?

thanks,

Chris

dmartin1972

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
ok. Thank you to Alli or the response on the haptic feedback. I searced for that and installed an app called haptic feedback pro. Restarted my spingboard and tapped an icon. It froze and went immediately into it safe mode. did it everytime i tried it and even rebooted the phone. still froze.
I guess it has a problem. Anyone else know of a haptic feedback app?

rocky271

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Jonkjon: jailbreaking isn't like installing a new BB OS. It won't wipe out your apps. What it does is add additional functionality to the OS rather than replace the whole thing.

As always, it makes sense to backup before making major changes, but you won't likely need it.

Restoring from iTunes isn't a complex process either, in the event you need to do that. Happy jailbreaking!

How do you back up an iPhone and restore? Each time you sync with I tunes does it back up automatically? Cab something go wrong jailbreaking? And if it does all you have I do is hit restore and your phone goes right back o how it was at the last back up? Sorry. I come from blackberry and the back up reste process was a little different just don't want to ness anything up.

Any downside to jailbreaking?

Rooster3.0

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to restore a back up and not have to go back to stock? If you jailbreak and a new is come out. After upgrading to new is will you have to pay for already paid for Cydia apps again?

I think the "hit restore" he was reffering to, was to restore to factory settings(unjailbreak). You can restore your info without going to stock. I just made the jump from BB too. As far as the Cydia question, I was curious of that myself. I think you only pay for apps once. I think.

rocky271

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I just jail broke and WOW was that easy!!! The apps available are incredible. One question. Now on my settings menu I have something called "Activator" it appears to be a variety of different actions for the buttons/gestures. Can anyone explain what this section is for please?

Thanks!

To those thinking about it just do it! The intelliborn products are amazing!!! MyWi, My3G, Tlert, Elert, and Myprofiles make this phone everything I need for my business and replace the only features I was missing from my black berry!

Reactions: tourstagefan

anneemonster

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm already jailbroken but I was wondering if anyone knows of a good cydia app that will make it to where I just have to tap the screen to take pictures....

Mister OX

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to jailbreak my iPhone but I get this error...

libusb:error [darwin_transfer_status] transfer error: timed out

Any suggestions how to fix this? Using a MacBook Pro with 10.6.6

Mister OX

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to jailbreak my iPhone but I get this error...

libusb:error [darwin_transfer_status] transfer error: timed out

Any suggestions how to fix this? Using a MacBook Pro with 10.6.6

I just tried it on my friends PC and Greenpois0n continues to tell me to try again. Now I have reset my phone back to factory and still cannot get the jailbreak to work.

boogaloo1

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
lovin my jailbreak!

I got the following running in my ViP.

LockInfo
Notifications (top bar) - no more popups
Weather icon actually shows the right temp and also shows up on top bar
iBlackList - block calls and sms from annoying callers
SBSettings - swipe from the top using Activator

I've downloaded a couple of themes, but I have reverted back to the iOS default. I like the original look.

Don't hesitate! Worst case scenario you can restore in iTunes - just in case you need to take your phone to Apple or Verizon for tech support.

I don't see going to 4.3 until a Jailbreak is available for it. In my opinion, 4.3 really isn't adding anything I can't live without.

ImStrapped

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Unlocking to different carriers is only done to GSM phones, CDMA are a whole different story, which you probably can't find a way around it.

zwoof

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm kinda surprised to read that the iPhone is too small. I've seen those Androids and they're thinner and longer which would make it more cumbersome to carry around. I hope the iPhones stays the same size. Small enough to put in the pocket and still large enough to see the screen.

Alveezy

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
unethered jailbreak out now! see my post
http://forum.tipb.com/verizon-iphone-forum/212068-untethered-jailbreak-verizon-iphone-ios-4-2-7-out-now.html

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2