Jailbreak and unlock Verizon iPhone?

G323q569

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I just tried to Jailbreak my VZW Iphone and I had success for except when I tried to load Cydia. It took a long time and so I "minimized" it and just checked Facebook and came back after awhile and it was no where to be found so I reset my Iphone and when I turned it back on I had all of my downloaded Apps, however, I was missing Appstore, Contacts, Camera, Compass, Calendar, and a few others. However, everything else was working fine. So I am now restoring it.

I was also missing Loader and Cydia altogether.

I am fairly new to iPhones so if anyone knows what happened and what to do next time, any help would be greatly appreciated.

jonkjon

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to the whole iPhone thing and am thinking of doing the jb to my vzw iPhone. I understand the process, i think. I am wondering though, will I need to reinstall my purchased iTunes store apps from scratch? I know I can do the backup but since i've never had to do a recovery, i'm not too sure about that part. I really like the idea of using facetime over 3g......and I was an avid themer/developer with crackberry for a pretty good while so i'm looking forward to that as well. Thanks for your help......

icebox93

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Jonkjon: jailbreaking isn't like installing a new BB OS. It won't wipe out your apps. What it does is add additional functionality to the OS rather than replace the whole thing.

As always, it makes sense to backup before making major changes, but you won't likely need it.

Restoring from iTunes isn't a complex process either, in the event you need to do that. Happy jailbreaking!

mgrayo01

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
So if I Jailbreak and say, for example, iOS 5 comes out...I will lose all of my Cydia apps if I decide to upgrade, right? How does that work? If I pay for an app through Cydia, then restore and upgrade to iOS 5 and Jailbreak again, will I be able to download those Cydia apps again without having to pay for them?

FutureDroid3owner

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
if i jailbreak and my phone has issues and i need to return it, i cant because jailbreaking voids the warranty? but all i have to do is go under itunes, hit restore and then i would be able to get it fixed since its back to original settings?

jjallenjj

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Inteserested in Black2IPhone's question, so I could definity restore it if somthing happens? There's no way Ill break the phone permanately?

icebox93

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Tnt68: when you jailbreak, the Apple app store doesn't change. You get access to another app store, Cydia, which like the apple app store has apps that are free and some that cost money. Jailbreaking is mainly about customizing and extending the phone's capabilities.

Reactions: TNT1968#IM

dmartin1972

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Hello there. I am new to this forum. I now have the iphone 4 with Verizon and loving it. I got it jailbroken last night and it is even better! Wow. I came from Android and was a little hesitant but i have been EXTREMELY happy!

I have a quick question, is there an app that can give you haptic feedback when you are typing on the keyboard? I would appreciate it if someone could let me know the name? Thank you.

Rooster3.0

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I just jailbroke my phone. 2 questions. Which app let's me facetime over 3g and which app lets me add a 5th icon to the dock? Sorry for the noob questions, this is my first Apple product.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
dmartin - in Cydia, search for "haptic." Not sure if it's been updated recently though.

rooster - 3G Unrestrictor to let you FT over 3G, and 5 icon dock is the other.

Cydia has a great search.

Reactions: Rooster3.0

tongsterrr

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I jailbroke successfully, but when I try to install cydia it got to like 20% then said its complete, and when I click on cydia, it wont load? anyone else having issues

jonkjon

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I tried to save my shsh blobs with ish**** and it said it was successful but it said it saved for 4.2.1 anyone else have this issue.

runnergrl23

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
please don't yell at me!

Ok could someone direct me to some step by step (like jailbreak for dummies, essentially) instructions on how to jailbreak this phone and how it works? I want to try it but I'm afraid of messing up the phone somehow!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77