Inteserested in Black2IPhone's question, so I could definity restore it if somthing happens? There's no way Ill break the phone permanately?
    02-11-2011 09:22 PM
    Tnt68: when you jailbreak, the Apple app store doesn't change. You get access to another app store, Cydia, which like the apple app store has apps that are free and some that cost money. Jailbreaking is mainly about customizing and extending the phone's capabilities.
    TNT1968#IM likes this.
    02-12-2011 01:01 AM
    Thanks Icebox
    02-12-2011 05:38 AM
    Hello there. I am new to this forum. I now have the iphone 4 with Verizon and loving it. I got it jailbroken last night and it is even better! Wow. I came from Android and was a little hesitant but i have been EXTREMELY happy!

I have a quick question, is there an app that can give you haptic feedback when you are typing on the keyboard? I would appreciate it if someone could let me know the name? Thank you.
    02-12-2011 10:23 AM
    Ok, so I just jailbroke my phone. 2 questions. Which app let's me facetime over 3g and which app lets me add a 5th icon to the dock? Sorry for the noob questions, this is my first Apple product.
    02-12-2011 12:45 PM
    dmartin - in Cydia, search for "haptic." Not sure if it's been updated recently though.

rooster - 3G Unrestrictor to let you FT over 3G, and 5 icon dock is the other.

Cydia has a great search.
    Rooster3.0 likes this.
    02-12-2011 01:12 PM
    Thanks. I wasn't even sure what to search for.
    02-12-2011 01:27 PM
    I jailbroke successfully, but when I try to install cydia it got to like 20% then said its complete, and when I click on cydia, it wont load? anyone else having issues
    02-12-2011 02:33 PM
    I tried to save my shsh blobs with ish**** and it said it was successful but it said it saved for 4.2.1 anyone else have this issue.
    02-12-2011 05:58 PM
    Ok could someone direct me to some step by step (like jailbreak for dummies, essentially) instructions on how to jailbreak this phone and how it works? I want to try it but I'm afraid of messing up the phone somehow!
    02-12-2011 06:55 PM
    02-12-2011 07:01 PM
    ok I am new at this . so I tried to do the download of the jailbreak, and when I go to open up the greenpoison it prompts me saying can not open file..I am on a mac using 10.5.8 PPC/ non intel.... this happens every time. any suggestions ???

Also: does the wifi personal hot spot suppose to be in the settings ? or does it appear only if you pay the extra 20.00 a month ?

thanks,

Chris
    02-12-2011 07:26 PM
    unsupported architecture is what it give me when I try to open it.
    02-12-2011 07:53 PM
    Awesome that was totally easy. Also, do I need to be concerned about spyware, etc by downloading from Cydia?
    02-12-2011 09:39 PM
    ok. Thank you to Alli or the response on the haptic feedback. I searced for that and installed an app called haptic feedback pro. Restarted my spingboard and tapped an icon. It froze and went immediately into it safe mode. did it everytime i tried it and even rebooted the phone. still froze.
    I guess it has a problem. Anyone else know of a haptic feedback app?
    02-13-2011 01:33 AM
    Jonkjon: jailbreaking isn't like installing a new BB OS. It won't wipe out your apps. What it does is add additional functionality to the OS rather than replace the whole thing.

As always, it makes sense to backup before making major changes, but you won't likely need it.

Restoring from iTunes isn't a complex process either, in the event you need to do that. Happy jailbreaking!
    How do you back up an iPhone and restore? Each time you sync with I tunes does it back up automatically? Cab something go wrong jailbreaking? And if it does all you have I do is hit restore and your phone goes right back o how it was at the last back up? Sorry. I come from blackberry and the back up reste process was a little different just don't want to ness anything up.

Any downside to jailbreaking?
    02-13-2011 10:45 AM
    Absolutely. Just plug it into iTunes and hit restore.
    Is there any way to restore a back up and not have to go back to stock? If you jailbreak and a new is come out. After upgrading to new is will you have to pay for already paid for Cydia apps again?
    02-13-2011 10:49 AM
    Is there any way to restore a back up and not have to go back to stock? If you jailbreak and a new is come out. After upgrading to new is will you have to pay for already paid for Cydia apps again?
    I think the "hit restore" he was reffering to, was to restore to factory settings(unjailbreak). You can restore your info without going to stock. I just made the jump from BB too. As far as the Cydia question, I was curious of that myself. I think you only pay for apps once. I think.
    02-13-2011 12:25 PM
    I just jail broke and WOW was that easy!!! The apps available are incredible. One question. Now on my settings menu I have something called "Activator" it appears to be a variety of different actions for the buttons/gestures. Can anyone explain what this section is for please?

Thanks!

To those thinking about it just do it! The intelliborn products are amazing!!! MyWi, My3G, Tlert, Elert, and Myprofiles make this phone everything I need for my business and replace the only features I was missing from my black berry!
    tourstagefan likes this.
    02-13-2011 12:51 PM
    I'm already jailbroken but I was wondering if anyone knows of a good cydia app that will make it to where I just have to tap the screen to take pictures....
    02-13-2011 02:28 PM
    i keep trying to jailbreak but it fails everytime. any ideas??
    02-13-2011 09:29 PM
    Does anyone know if snowbreze works on verizon iphone I just noticed that it was upgraded: Sn0wBreeze 4.2.1 for Windows available! | The Unlock iPhone 3G/3GS/4 Blog
    02-18-2011 12:02 PM
    I'm trying to jailbreak my iPhone but I get this error...

libusb:error [darwin_transfer_status] transfer error: timed out

Any suggestions how to fix this? Using a MacBook Pro with 10.6.6
    03-02-2011 10:20 PM
    I'm trying to jailbreak my iPhone but I get this error...

libusb:error [darwin_transfer_status] transfer error: timed out

Any suggestions how to fix this? Using a MacBook Pro with 10.6.6
    I just tried it on my friends PC and Greenpois0n continues to tell me to try again. Now I have reset my phone back to factory and still cannot get the jailbreak to work.
    03-03-2011 08:58 AM
    Can you still do backups in iTunes after its jailbroke without it reverting you to stock
    03-05-2011 02:05 PM
90 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD