VZ ETF reimbursment?

Jimbos Jumbos

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
I left VZ last Feb to get an iphone. I got tired of waiting for them. I had to pay an ETF on 2 lines. I remember hearing once that if you return to VZ, they reimburse the ETF. Anyone know anything about this? I made the switch on 2-26-10.

The good thing is I got into ATT before they raised their ETF to $350. I think mine was $175. But with two lines again, it wont be fun having to pay another ETF with ATT.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Verizon has been known to credit ETFs on a case by case basis if one returns within 30 days. You've been away too long.

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Actually I've received a ETF fee credit from Verizon 4 months after I left. They needed to get a managers approval since it was over 90 days but they were able to do it for me. However, since you're close to a year I doubt they would credit you back that money. Sorry :(

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
Actually I've received a ETF fee credit from Verizon 4 months after I left. They needed to get a managers approval since it was over 90 days but they were able to do it for me. However, since you're close to a year I doubt they would credit you back that money. Sorry :(

Well you are quite lucky because I've did the switching back and forth several times for different periods of time and never got any of the ETFs credited back! :(

pogeypre

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Speaking from experience, Verizon has a spotty track record on this. There seems to be no rhyme or reason behind whether they will or will not reimburse ETF's.

j7469

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
Well you are quite lucky because I've did the switching back and forth several times for different periods of time and never got any of the ETFs credited back! :(

Absolutely I was lucky. In fact I was twice able to receive ETF credits within 6 months (one for $150 and the other for $350). It might be that I was with Verizon on a family share plan since 2000ish and never missed a payment.

It only worked for me because I received both phone calls and post cards from Verizon's customer retention department. I had to call the number they gave me and the offer had to be in their system for it to work. (For example a buddy of mine who didn't get the call try calling that # and they couldn't do anything for him) Not only did they credit my ETF, they all waived activation and gave me $100 for a new phone both times.

Overall Verizon has been good to me.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77