Official I'm switching to Verizon iPhone thread!

thebizz

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I currently have Verizon service and the talk and text is a big deal for some nothing to others. If you have wifi during most of your day it shouldn't be a problem because it should disable your 3g radio and send data through wifi leaving 1x open to talk. My one hang up is Verizon's network speed, yeah they have alot of 3g coverage but were I live and work I'm luck to get more than 512k down with a 139ms ping that's horrible in my book. The best I've gotten was 1.2mb down with 328kb up but your speeds may very just don't expect blasing fast internet while on 3g

smileyboy

Aug 19, 2004
Visit site
I have an unlocked iPhone 3GS on AT&T that's contract-free (I moved from England last summer where unlocked phones are more common than warm beer) so I could easily switch to the iPhone 4 in February. But I will gladly wait until June to see:

1) What the iPhone 5 offers (my sincere wish is 64gb but not likely)
2) What the introduction of the iPhone does to Verizon's "reliable" network
3) What voice, data and texting packages are being offered

Right now I have a grandfathered unlimited data plan on AT&T with 1000 anytime minutes for $39.95. The only times my calls drop is when I'm driving into a valley near my home and I doubt anyone could give me coverage there.

I'm more than willing to wait and see which carrier seems more appealing to me in June.

rue that... Thats where I am too. I want to switch but I want to see whats coming out in June/July....
T

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys who else is excited about getting the verizon LTE iphone

There is no official word of a LTE iPhone coming out anytime soon. Since Apple doesn't like to adopt new technologies chances are of a LTE iphone are about as close as Jared Lee Loughner talking to the FBI.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
There is no official word of a LTE iPhone coming out anytime soon. Since Apple doesn't like to adopt new technologies chances are of a LTE iphone are about as close as Jared Lee Loughner talking to the FBI.
Hyperbole.

Verizon & Apple have a multi-year agreement. Verizon will have their entire network covered with 4G/LTE by 2013. There will be a 4G/LTE iPhone. Both companies would be utterly foolish not to do it.

AlexMaciel90

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I am switching from my Verizon Storm1 to the Verizon iPhone. I have wanted an iPhone since they came out but couldn't go back to AT&T after all the years of crappy service they gave me.

I am happy!

angryceltic

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
My fiance' and I are switching from the Storm 2 to the iPhone. Can not wait for this as Verizon is who all of my family is on and I have 5 lines with so switching to AT&T was not an option.

by1333

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I left Verizon for the Iphone 3gs a few months ago. My coworker sold me his Iphone 3gs so I am on a month to month contract with At&t.. I loved Vzw service but thier smartphone would not allow me to access sites that I use on a daily basis for work (IT).. I think I will wait till June/July and see if they cpome out with a 5 and test it... then Ill make my decision... right now I get more dropped calls than I ever did...

CPColley

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm switching from bb 9550 to verizon iphone! finally a phone i wont have to reset every day! cant wait for it! already talked to my vzw rep and got on reserved!

slide

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I went BB to iPhone. Took me a few weeks to get fully comfortable, but now that I've been iPhone for a few months, I find the BB to feel like stone age tech.

You will have issues at first, but give it a few weeks to learn to get with the flow.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I would consider switching if Verizon had coverage at my house since they do have better 3G coverage. I only have 3G issues when Im in the sticks with Att