Replacement Battery (Better than original?)

nnjz

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I have a battery that has gone completely dead, (or so I hope thats the problem.. see - forum.tipb.com/showthread.php?p=1647060)

Now I want to replace the battery; I understand that the iphone ships out with a 1150mAh battery. I also understand that the 1600mAh batteries sold online are usually sub par quality (and eve have shorter battery lives and few battery cycles than the original 1150mAh none).

I want to get the most out of this phone, so I would like to replace the battery with a high quality battery, preferably 1600mAh (or better) if possible. I know there are several listings online, but most are from china or another Asian country, and is usually sub par (read: lead paint in children's toys).

Is there any high quality battery (rated better than the 1150mAh one shipped out with the phone) that I could buy to replace with the phone, that is known to be good quality?

(if not, anyone know where I can buy an original iphone 3gs - apple brand- battery for cheap?)

Thanks,
NNJZ

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Yep, batteries can cause lot's of problems, I would stick with the OEM ... You could always add one of those extended battery cases later.