Yeah, the EVO is fine since it has sense. With out sense its just another android phone. You really have to use it to get what I mean, and not judge pictures you see on the internet.
    if you root the EVO and take off sense your have amazing battery life, my friend that works at Radio Shack did this
    12-20-2010 01:39 AM
    if you root the EVO and take off sense your have amazing battery life, my friend that works at Radio Shack did this
    Expect I don't like the stock UI
    12-20-2010 01:42 AM
    If it wasn't any clearer I did not want to stay on the family plan. I was going to leave either way and this gave me the option get the new iPhone or switch carriers if another phone entices me. I already have the iPhone 4 32gb.
    I guess...there really wasn't any clarity issue in what you posted, it was just the search for any semblance of logic in the process that i was having trouble understanding, but hey, sometimes things just are, right?
    12-20-2010 08:19 AM
    I'm not calling anyone a liar, but I do wonder why such a superficial trait of the Nexus S was the cause of a return. Using the phone over time may reveal inconveniences that may turn a user away, but I would think that the look of the screen would have been obvious before purchase.

It doesn't sound like this was an online purchase so I don't see why this was a deal-breaker after x-hours of usage.

If I worked in those stores, I would have to suppress a real 'tude when merchandise is returned for reasons that should have been apparent before purchase.

Anyway, I hope that the above, plus the ETF situation, as originally described, clears up why this story didn't make much sense with some readers.
    12-20-2010 08:40 AM
    The screen was not the only issue. And where I live the Best Buy doesn't let anyone sample the phones. They just have the plastic dummies for everyone to look at. Actually I have never been able to use a phone before purchase at that particular Best Buy. Nobody is at fault for me not liking the phone but with about an hour of use i figured I didn't like it. All the programs I bought for the Nexus One didnt show up in the market and some just didn't work. I thought could live with the shortcomings of the phone but couldn't. Then going from 32gb to 16gb was a heartache and also having to find three different programs to do what iTunes does.
    12-20-2010 10:21 AM
    lucky .I am still use my blackberry curve 8520
    12-20-2010 10:49 AM
    The screen was not the only issue. And where I live the Best Buy doesn't let anyone sample the phones. They just have the plastic dummies for everyone to look at. Actually I have never been able to use a phone before purchase at that particular Best Buy. Nobody is at fault for me not liking the phone but with about an hour of use i figured I didn't like it. All the programs I bought for the Nexus One didnt show up in the market and some just didn't work. I thought could live with the shortcomings of the phone but couldn't. Then going from 32gb to 16gb was a heartache and also having to find three different programs to do what iTunes does.
    Ahh. Dummy displays strike, again!

Visitors to Best Buy here can play with a working iPad and see if it is right for them...or at least get a good idea. But they canNOT try out a working Kindle to see if the interface works for them. I hear the Kindle example is specifically an Amazon mandate/limitation, although I cannot confirm this, but it sounds a lot like shooting oneself in the foot.

Amazing.
    12-20-2010 11:35 AM
    Customers at my particular Best Buy are not allowed to try out mobile phones as well, they are all dummy phones.
    12-20-2010 04:38 PM
    I had the EVO, went to the i4, now currently using EVO (again) and want to come back to i4 (again)

Help me lol
    12-20-2010 11:20 PM
    My Best Buy has the dummy phones, though the Best buy Mobile store has some dummy and some real phones. (Its a Best Buy that only sells cell phones.)

I had the EVO, went to the i4, now currently using EVO (again) and want to come back to i4 (again)

Help me lol
    Is there a reason why you keep going back? If its mostly based on battery life then I suggest getting this

Amazon.com: Seidio Innocell 3500 mAh Extended Life Battery for HTC EVO 4G (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

I'm planing on buying that in a few days. Reviews on it were real nice.

From my point of view sprint has the better plans. (Unlimited data, unlimted text mobile to mobile 450 land line minuntes. $10 for 4G. Better value then being capped at 2GB, that is if you are a heavy data user) Depends on how much you use and how good the service is in your area.

It all really goes down to preface and whether or not you want to follow the "cool kids" and get an iPhone or be your self and go where ever your wallet and mind tells you.
    12-21-2010 02:01 AM
    Price is not really the main factor...I have discounts with both ATT and Sprint, so my bill is usually around $70 or so after taxes.

I started off with the EVO after renewing a 2 year contract with Sprint. Battery life was fair IMO, but I wasn't completely happy with the device. Bout a new Macbook this past year and although it's not very difficult to sync to the EVO, it became somewhat of a hassle after a while. So that was the main reason that I decided to go to the iPhone. Got the i4, was completely satisfied...then I moved to what I thought was a terrible AT&T area because I began to experience drop calls like no tomorrow. Got fed up, and in a moment of utter frustration I cancelled my ATT account, bought an EVO and jumped over to Sprint.

Now, 1 week with the EVO and I come to find out that I just live in a terrible cellular reception area. My EVO drops almost the same amount of calls and gets a weak signal too. I guess it's more of a carrier issue, and not really about the device. Figured I'd rather just go back to ATT and the iphone all things considered.
    12-21-2010 02:32 AM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD