Purchasing iPhone 4 at Radio Shack

markw10

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I saw about the sale Radio Shack is having this week on the iPhone 4 and want to buy 2 iPhone 4's, the 32GB version.
I'm in Denver, CO and called around 12 stores today and none of them had it in stock at first. Actually many told me I would not find it anywhere in Denver but of the last few I called two had it in stock but only the 16GB version.
Two of them offered to have me come in and put an order in it. They both said I'd have to come in in person and once I do once I do one said they'd look elsewhere in the state and likely could get one. The other place told me that once I put an order in it'll ship straight from the warehouse to my house and I should have it in 2 days.
I finally went to the Radio Shack closest to me figuring I could simply get them ordered there and sent to my house. When I got there they seemed to know nothing about it and told me they could just simply take my name and # and call me if they come in but they said the price is only for if I buy by Saturday and likely they won't get any in.
Has anyone found a good way to get them? I definitely want to get one at these prices and I went to the website but seems you can't order them online. Is there a way to have them shipped to my home or is there another way I can get them for this price from Radio Shack or another place?
Thank you for your help.

s_mamdani

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Quincy, IL

I had a similar experience here. The store here said that none of the stores in this district have them--the district stretches from Dubuque, Iowa to Springfield, IL down to some stores in the St. Louis area. Apparently, the warehouse is out of them and none of the stores have any. Same story with taking a name and number. Can't say I have much faith in getting a call from them anytime soon.

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
I got one yesterday for my sister. They were really nice. I called my local store. He said he didn't have one, but could get one from his other store about 25 miles away. He drove to the other store and picked it up, called me when he got back and we went in a got it. Pretty good experience and $50 off.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I got one yesterday for my sister. They were really nice. I called my local store. He said he didn't have one, but could get one from his other store about 25 miles away. He drove to the other store and picked it up, called me when he got back and we went in a got it. Pretty good experience and $50 off.

Now thats good customer service. He took the risk of you changing your mind of not showing up by going that far.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Wasn't it radio shack that was taking people's deposits before the iPhone 4 came out and then released the day before or day of that they werent even going to get them at all? I remember reading that somewhere. I'm actually surprised Radio Shack still exists, after they were basically revamped a couple of years ago because the stores are basically obsolete compared to even a Walmart electronics department...lol.

pogeypre

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I know that only a few stores around are getting the iPhones regularly. They must be in the top 10 in ATT sales to even get a sniff at it, and then need to be 750k to 1 million dollars in sales.

In other words, not going to see them everywhere.

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Wasn't it radio shack that was taking people's deposits before the iPhone 4 came out and then released the day before or day of that they werent even going to get them at all? I remember reading that somewhere. I'm actually surprised Radio Shack still exists, after they were basically revamped a couple of years ago because the stores are basically obsolete compared to even a Walmart electronics department...lol.

Tell me about it. Walmarts electronics department is what the old Arts and crafts department was. (if any of you remember that from the 90s)

Radio Shack is surviving because they are now licensed to work in Target stores at their new expanded cell phone area. So if you want to buy a phone from Target then you will see a radio shack Representative.

We have two Radio Shacks near my home. One still has the 80s style turn sign (where the sign turns and turns all day long, though I think it finnaly gave out, much like the shopping pad it's in is doing)

TampaDude

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I saw about the sale Radio Shack is having this week on the iPhone 4 and want to buy 2 iPhone 4's, the 32GB version.
I'm in Denver, CO and called around 12 stores today and none of them had it in stock at first. Actually many told me I would not find it anywhere in Denver but of the last few I called two had it in stock but only the 16GB version.
Two of them offered to have me come in and put an order in it. They both said I'd have to come in in person and once I do once I do one said they'd look elsewhere in the state and likely could get one. The other place told me that once I put an order in it'll ship straight from the warehouse to my house and I should have it in 2 days.
I finally went to the Radio Shack closest to me figuring I could simply get them ordered there and sent to my house. When I got there they seemed to know nothing about it and told me they could just simply take my name and # and call me if they come in but they said the price is only for if I buy by Saturday and likely they won't get any in.
Has anyone found a good way to get them? I definitely want to get one at these prices and I went to the website but seems you can't order them online. Is there a way to have them shipped to my home or is there another way I can get them for this price from Radio Shack or another place?
Thank you for your help.

Apple Store, dude...Radio Shack sucks.

Apple Retail Store Locator

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Apple Store, dude...Radio Shack sucks.

Apple Retail Store Locator

I wouldn't say it sucks. I mean its great if you need hard to find cables or some other gadget that maybe Best buy doesn't sell and you don't want to wait for a week on amazon.

and lets just say I had my fair share of poor service at one of my local mac stores, but then again not all stores are the same. Mostly from this guy who looked more like a grub and had no knowlage of what he was selling.

If I were to buy a mac right now, I'd do so from my local run, authorized apple store

The Mac Store - Northwest Apple Stores - New & Used Mac Computers

Plus the stores are less packed, (most will be ten 8-10 people) and you get that "local" fell from people who care rather then make the extra buck off commission because jobs has access to the CTV cameras accross all stores from Cupertino.

bibeaud

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I was very lucky!! The two reps (Ryan and Pete) from the Phillipsburg NJ store found a 32GB phone for me in nearby Allentown PA. They reserved the iPhone for me and processed the entire transaction.

The phone was an upgrade for my 3Gs. Since the new iPhone was activated, I could not hold on to it for Christmas.......minor inconvenience. I would like to get another one for my wife.

In the past, I have received very good service from the Phillipsburg Radio Shack when I was looking for and needed electronics parts. Radio Shack is not carrying as much electronics parts now, but they will order them for you and ship them for free to your house if they can find it in their inventory (this does not apply to the iPhone 4).

TampaDude

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I wouldn't say it sucks. I mean its great if you need hard to find cables or some other gadget that maybe Best buy doesn't sell and you don't want to wait for a week on amazon.

Radio Shack USED to be great, especially for us electronic geeks and hardware hackers. If you needed a part RFN and didn't have time to wait for an order from Digi-Key or wherever, RS was the shiz. Nowadays, though, they're like a cheesy version of Best Buy. I remember the way they used to be, and I miss it.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Radio Shack has more cheesy, knock off, chinese built cell phone accessories and cheap R/C toys that no kid really wants than anything else...i went in there to get an VGA to HDMi converter and they said they didnt carry them, so i asked if they had any kind of VGA adaptors and they did not...but the guy tried his hardest to get me to go back and look at all their iPhone 4 accessories (to which they actually had none, they were all 3G and 3GS accessories). The guy working there was all of 18...

ChrisGonzales90

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Chinese knock off? Hate to break it to you but pretty much everything you buy is made in China, even Apple products.

- sent from Tapatalk Pro on my HTC EVO 4G

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The keyword you apparently missed there is "knockoff", which doesnt apply to the rest of the stuff made in china that is not a knockoff. And yes, me and 98% of the population are well aware that most things come from China because of their cheap child labor rates. :)

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
every Radioshack where i live and surrounding cities are completely out the iP4 and will not get them before the special ends. however, they are letting people purchase now and pick up when they arrive, no promises of when that will be. LAME!

i just called Best Buy to see if they will price match the special that Radioshack is offering right now and the answer is YES. i will be picking one up at Best Buy tonight

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
every Radioshack where i live and surrounding cities are completely out the iP4 and will not get them before the special ends. however, they are letting people purchase now and pick up when they arrive, no promises of when that will be. LAME!

i just called Best Buy to see if they will price match the special that Radioshack is offering right now and the answer is YES. i will be picking one up at Best Buy tonight

That's what they did with the pre-orders last summer...why anyone would trust "The Shack" with their iPhone 4 purchases is beyond me. Seems like they try to get enough orders flowing through their stores to actually become eligible to sell the phone itself...and then when they dont, after the customer has waited several weeks, they just refund the persons money by having them inconveniently come to one of their half assed stores.

I mean yeah, the savings is nice and all...but the headache is almost not worth it, especially with other companies either having their own sale or matching RS's. I think Best Buy is actually giving away the 3GS this weekend (with a 2 year contract).

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Part of the benefit of having an iphone is not having to deal with the likes of radio shack, carrier stores, best buys, etc.

yoonice

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site

That's so true! I utilize RadioShack time to time. My aunt came to visit me and she brought with her an electronic in a different volt size, so we had to go and get a converter(?) that was compatible to ours in the states.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2