Questions about AT&T Premier

hermdog

Jun 6, 2008
Visit site
I am considering switching to a Premier account available from my wifes job to get discounts on our monthly bill. For those of you who have Premier accounts are there any disadvantages being on a this type of account?

I know the discount does not apply to iPhones. I always upgrade my phone every year on launch day. Is there any issues with having a Premier account I should be aware of? Or is it only if you decide to order thru the Premier program that people have experienced issues? I'm hoping my upgrade choices will not be limited and I can still upgrade thru Apple or ATT, but my choice.

Any info or comments greatly appreciated.

Hermdog

Totalimmortal363

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't matter, they let me add my premier discount on my ex girlfriends account then switched it to mine when we split, no problem. I have this and got my iPhone for $199. Not sure what it would do to you if upgrading every year.

Yes it does. Now a days, ONLY the account holder can use his or her discount. This DID NOT use to be the case, but it is now.

iPhone0001

Nov 28, 2010
photographicvignettes.com
Totalimmortal is correct. I recently got the iPhone and I have a Premier account and they gave me the discount, but when inquiring about a discount on my wife's iPhone, the answer was a resounding no way!

BryanTheRed

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Yes it does. Now a days, ONLY the account holder can use his or her discount. This DID NOT use to be the case, but it is now.

I'm talking just a few months ago, did the whole thing online. They added the discount to her account with no questions, maybe because my phone line was on the account too? My name was no where on the AT&T account though. They had no issues with it when I called either... Just giving you perspective based on my experience.

slalomskie

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
I have the premiere account. I don't know about the discount plan as I am the only one with data or text the other three lines on my account are just voice so it is just 9.99 plus taxes for those lines. However I think you get preferred treatment when ordering phones. I ordered my iPhone 4 the second week of launch on Monday night and received the phone Thursday. A mere 3 days, and others pre ordered through apple or att and were still waiting for their ship notification.

amg

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
I have a premier account through my employer. To the extent that discounts are available on equipment, I've been able to get them on all lines on my account. In the case of my particular discuont program, I can get all voice and data plans discounted - except for the $9.99 charge for additional family lines. No discount on SMS.

This is based on what my employer and AT&T negotiated... YMMV

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77