How do I transfer videos from my iPhone 4 to my mac?

Vydar

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Hello all! I was wondering if anyone on here knows how to transfer videos from your iPhone 4 to your mac without having to email them, as that compresses them which sucks. I know there are third party programs, but I don't want to spend money for something I should be able to do outright. Anyone know how?? The videos are from the World Series and I do not want to lose them when I hook it up and it syncs them into oblivion. Thanks.

Vydar

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
I am not sure i Have never done it this way and I am sure you can, but when I click the photos tab it says it wants to sync and that it will delete everyhting i have on my phone and I obviously dont want to lose my world series videos

Vydar

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
You dont have to delete the vids or pics that you have on your iPhone. Just select the "do not discard" and you'll be all good =)

But the only options i have once its plugged in is to sync from iphoto and I dont have anything in iphoto

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
When you connect your iPhone to iPhoto you will see it pop up in the left hand column, after it shows up there, click on on it and it will show you all media on your phone. It will ask you if you want to sync, you say yes and then it will ask you if you want to delete originals from iPhone...

Its about as idiot proof as you can get really.

Vydar

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
When you connect your iPhone to iPhoto you will see it pop up in the left hand column, after it shows up there, click on on it and it will show you all media on your phone. It will ask you if you want to sync, you say yes and then it will ask you if you want to delete originals from iPhone...

When I hook up my iphone to iphoto it doesnt show anything on the left. It shows the iphone and says import photos which I can do, but it won't let me import any videos at all. It could be that I have a really old version of iphoto my mac is 6 years old so.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Could be...did you check what WAS imported to see if any of those files were in fact the vids? I remember importing some stuff before, some of the pics looked like the vid thumbnails, but the vids were there.

Vydar

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
Could be...did you check what WAS imported to see if any of those files were in fact the vids? I remember importing some stuff before, some of the pics looked like the vid thumbnails, but the vids were there.

Yea I did actually it imported all of my pictures, but not the videos and I did check, it is iphoto version 4.0.3 so thats probably why

Sonlon

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

This is the first time as I know that iPhoto can be used for transferring videos between iphone and mac,so amazing for me that I'll back to do it as what you say,thanks.

Cheers!

aanaya abid

Banned
Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
Importing videos quickly from the iPhone 4S to a Mac – here are the easy steps.

Step 1, Connect your iPhone to your Mac with its USB (sync) cable
Step 2, Launch the Image Capture app on your Mac
Step 3, Transfers your videos to the Mac