email question

Mrkovach

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
You have to have an email account with push service. For example , Microsoft exchange, Gmail( active sync NOT Imap) then Push must be turned on in the email settings of the iPhone. What email service are you using ?

Mrkovach

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
Why don't you try an app that sends a push notification when email arrives to an iMap server. I use Gmail and I have used a little app that was 99 cents that sends my iPhone a push notification alert when a new mail arrives on the server. Then I can just launch the mail app and get my mail.
Personally, I would ditch the AOL email and use Gmail. Just have AOL autoforward your mail to gmail. Then you can use the push gmail MS exchange services.
Hope this helps.
Mike

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Why don't you try an app that sends a push notification when email arrives to an iMap server. I use Gmail and I have used a little app that was 99 cents that sends my iPhone a push notification alert when a new mail arrives on the server. Then I can just launch the mail app and get my mail.
Personally, I would ditch the AOL email and use Gmail. Just have AOL autoforward your mail to gmail. Then you can use the push gmail MS exchange services.
Hope this helps.
Mike

Well if he has Gmail then he could save the .99 and just set up the account via exchange and get true push for free.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2