Hi. When I put my iPhone on the charger at night and go to bed, I wake up with 100% battery life. Now if I wake up in the middle of the night and keep it plugged in and check the screen then lock it again it discharges. I wake up to 97 or 92%.

Is there a reason? I've had it on my other iPhone as well!
    10-03-2010 03:00 AM
    well i know that if you leave it plugged into long it will stop charging it to preserve the battery.

maybe when you check it, you inadvertently activate that feature.

best of luck finding out though
    10-03-2010 03:17 AM
    its a universal rule, u can't leave a gadget to charge for whole night. it will always destroy ur battery
    well, During the first three times I usually have my new phone battery charged for a whole night. Is that the right way?
    10-04-2010 02:31 AM
    I have the same problem :/
    10-04-2010 04:11 AM
    I've figured out what happens.

I charge it all night. And I usually keep it right next to my bed and I wake up sometimes a little early to see what time it is And from that moment on it stops charging. I've tested it a few times over the past few days.

It's no big deal to me. As soon as I wake up for real I just unplug and plug again while I shower.

Can you guys try it. It only happens after being at 100% for many hours.
    10-04-2010 08:33 AM
    yes,
    exactly what we been saying the battery begin to get overloaded so it stops charging to preserve itself.
    10-04-2010 09:02 AM
    So is this a software issue or a hardware issue? Because I've had it on 3 different iPhones and 3 different models. Strange.
    10-07-2010 01:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD