not the phone but the touch

Miggs2002

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
a mate of mine has contacted me saying he has installed iTunes 10 and when he connected his iTouch iTunes wouldn't recognise it, he got on the phone to apple and they gave him "things" to do and now his iTouch no longer works, he has been to an apple store and they have reset the phone and updated it to the latest software version for him, he then got home plugged it in and the same has happened again,

does anybody have any suggestions please?

thanks in advance

Mella

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
reset the phone? But not reset the TOUCH?
I think the problem is iTunes can't recognize the iTouch, right? Then he should try to find the problem with the iTouch, but not the phone!!
If only the iTunes can't recognize the iTouch, try restore the iTouch...
Hmm, maybe he should turn to Apple store to reset the iTouch again, NOT the phone!!

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
What device has the issue? I looked through all of Apple's products and do NOT see anything called an "iTouch"... perhaps you mean "iPod Touch"?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Cripes, you guys are mean; the guy just asked for help. I'm going to start triple checking all my posts for tiny errors.

OP: Has your friend tried reinstalling iTunes?

Reactions: Miggs2002

Miggs2002

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm that used to typing about phones I got lost with what I was saying lol, the only phone involved is the one he used to call apple with, the problem is with the touch and itunes10 specifically, he's had the touch for a while and never had problems until he installed the latest iTunes

I have suggested he un-install then re-install I will wait to see what result that has if any

*touch and itouch are abbreviations for iPod touch, for those that aren't clever enough to understand abbreviated words 

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
i had the same problem for a while and the issue is itunes not the device remove and re download itunes to get it to work again

jhoove09#IM

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Have him try his iPod on someone else's computer with iTunes10 installed. See if that computer recognizes his device. If that doesn't work then it is a problem with the device and it needs to be replaced. Also, it may be a bad USB port or something with the computer that isn't allowing a connection between the device and iTunes. Just some things to think about. Let me know if these work. If not, let me know what happened when he tried.

Miggs2002

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
well he has tried all sorts and finally took it back to the apple store, which is a 1hour and 30 minute drive for him, only for them to wipe everything off his iPod touch and reset it back to square one, so pissed that they wiped it but pleased they told him it's working with iTunes 10 he went home, plugged it into his laptop, nothing, not a damn thing, so he's done the only right thing he could have done, bought an iPhone4, he's syncing it as i type, thanks for the help guys, i think i may be back if he has problems with the phone lol

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2