How would FaceTime on Mac and PC benefit you?

michaelchang516

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I personally would love it if FaceTime came to Mac and PC platforms. As of today, I don't have many friends that have iPhone 4's so I hardly ever use FaceTime.
But in the near future, I would be able to video chat with my friends that have the 4th Generation iPod Touch and anyone who has a Mac or PC.
This wouldn't just be an Apple service anymore. Anyone would be able to do PC-PC video chats with this new technology.
I can't wait for this to become popular, then this will finally solve our problems with other video chat clients.
I would be starting to use video chat on regular basis. Can't wait!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Have they updated FaceTime for the Mac yet? I know when I first got my iP4, my daughter tried installing FT on her Mac, but her os was too old. I haven't tried installing it on my Mac because I have an iP4 and don't need it on my Mac.

DoctorK

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I would love to be able to FaceTime from my iPhone 4 to my mother on her PC, so she can see her granddaughter. Gramma will not be getting an iPhone (or any non-feature phone) so that would be her only opportunity to use FaceTime. I have found the quality far superior to Skype.

anon4705193

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I would probably use it similarly to using the video chat in iChat right now, or in place of Skype when wanting to talk to someone who I know has an iPhone or iPod touch, or vice versa using my own if I was on vacation or something similar with people at home. I don't see myself moving back to PC any time soon, but perhaps in conjunction with some family or friends who still have them?

StevenJ_AK

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
I use it pretty regulary actually. I like it, theres no real "account" needed like with skype and it seems that the video and audio is a better quality than when we use skype. We use it to talk to our parents and my daughter loves it because she likes to take the phone into the other room to talk to talk to grandma and show off her new toys lol (she's ten) and when we are at gymnastics i can FaceTime my parents and they can watch her do her routine in pretty darn good quality. Just wish we could use it over 3G better than with skype.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Have they updated FaceTime for the Mac yet? I know when I first got my iP4, my daughter tried installing FT on her Mac, but her os was too old. I haven't tried installing it on my Mac because I have an iP4 and don't need it on my Mac.

Last time I checked, it still required Snow Leopard... I have it on my MBP, but use it only to demonstrate FaceTime to my non-Mac, non-iPhone4 friends...

Reactions: Alli

LooNTooNs

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I use it pretty regulary actually. I like it, theres no real "account" needed like with skype and it seems that the video and audio is a better quality than when we use skype. We use it to talk to our parents and my daughter loves it because she likes to take the phone into the other room to talk to talk to grandma and show off her new toys lol (she's ten) and when we are at gymnastics i can FaceTime my parents and they can watch her do her routine in pretty darn good quality. Just wish we could use it over 3G better than with skype.

JailBreak! :D

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77