Random new apps??

Dude495

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I just unlocked (Slide to Unlock/not Carrier Unlock) my phone and there was a new page of apps. These apps have no icon and I have never seen them before.

1) Adsheet
2) DemoApp
3) iPodOut
4) TrustMe
5) WebSheet

Does anyone know what these apps are and where/how they got there?

Last edited:

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Don't click on them until you figure it out. If it were me I would delete them. Never know what kind of scam it could be.

You haven't synced with another computer?

And can you give us a screen shot.

Have been to any websites that you don't normally go too???

Did you click in an in app purchase? These are all questions I would ask myself.

Dude495

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I havn't gone to any website I don't normally goto, and I tried to delete them but they have no X to delete them.I only sync my iPhone with my laptop although I do charge my iPhone with my work computer occasionally (but no iTunes installed there) I'll try to get a screen shot soon.

stkywik

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, these definitely sound like some kind of malware in the way they are acting. I'd be really interested to see how you picked these up. Have you by any chance taken them to the Apple store, and if so, what did they say?

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Taking it to apple is not a bad idea. Just in case it is malware and they can be made aware if it.

But If you don't want
To, a restore from backup might be your next step. If that doesn't do it, restore as new.

Dude495

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I've noticed they go away when I reboot the phone but if I install any new apps from the app store or any updates to apps they re-appear. I'll try to get my post count higher so I can post a picture.

Also, Wont be able to get to the Apple Store until sometime next week due to work. If I goto the search screen on the iPhone and type in any of those app names i listed earlier they appear too but they don't on my friends iPhone.

Dude495

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
That helped a bit, a lot of back and forth on what does what and when between everyone though. Although I suppose that will always happen unless its publicly stated by Apple.

But thank you!

stkywik

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
If it is some kind of pre-installed background code, it's weird that it would just randomly show up like that. And you would think that others would have seen this problem before now.

jonmark

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
If it is some kind of pre-installed background code, it's weird that it would just randomly show up like that. And you would think that others would have seen this problem before now.

I agree. If we somehow all have these "app files" or whatever in the background of our iOS, then they shouldn't show up as icons on the home screen unless there's an error in the program writing with the OP's specific device. If that's the case, I would imagine that Apple would do something to fix it for the OP. Whether it be swapping it out or what have you. Just an assumption, though.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Very interesting, I wonder if it is test software from Apple ... Could swear I saw a screen shot with a "Trust Me" app on it from a ebay prototype that was being sold on ebay "the auction was quickly removed."

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2