iPhone 4 stolen w/o Insurance question

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
I doubt it. I am so sorry to hear that
Your phone was taken from you. I hope that I can prevent this but I know that it is always possible. Maybe I should think about buying insurance before this happens to me.

BlackFenrir

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
But I'm not committing fraud here. I got my iP4 but never purchased insurance for it. It gets stolen and now I have no way of getting another one for a subsidized price unless I add another line with AT&T. I can't do the latter because I had to do that to get it in the first place.

OKCChuck

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
But I'm not committing fraud here. I got my iP4 but never purchased insurance for it. It gets stolen and now I have no way of getting another one for a subsidized price unless I add another line with AT&T. I can't do the latter because I had to do that to get it in the first place.

my girlfriend works insurance claims. Whether it's an iPhone or a car, doing what you're talking about is fraud. They're not going to prosecute you over it, but it is fraud. You can try, i don't knwo if it'll work.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Sorry but okcchuck is correct. You cannot insure something you do not have. In order to be covered you must buy the insurance first before the theft. Again I am so sorry this has happened to you. And I do not know who you would call as I said, I also do not have insurance.

BlackFenrir

Jan 24, 2010
Visit site
This is much too complicated. I'll just call AT&T and let them know what happened. I'll see if I can just add another line and switch SIM cards. Thanks for the help. I'll definitely purchase the insurance this go around.

OKCChuck

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
This is much too complicated. I'll just call AT&T and let them know what happened. I'll see if I can just add another line and switch SIM cards. Thanks for the help. I'll definitely purchase the insurance this go around.
I'm sure they'll let you add another line.

dndkpj

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
Did you pay with a credit card? Some credit cards cover your purchases against theft for a certain time period. My card covers it- but only to the amount actually paid on that card. If my was stolen within 90 days of purchase they would pay me the amount I paid. It is worth checking into if you paid with a credit card.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
You would have to add the application through the iPhone anyways...
that is actually how they stop you from committing the crime you
wanted to commit. I have it and it had to be downloaded from the
app store first and then a sign up process occurred. Also, it had to
have been within 30 days.

Sorry to hear your phone was lost. The cheapest route would be to
get another one at the early upgrade price for $200 more. I say this
because if you add a new line, you're paying $240 for the 2 years and
just buying another iPhone is only $200 more.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2