iPhone 2G Dust/Battery

uhanrodric

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
So I have an iPhone 2G. So obviously it has some age to it. I see Apple still does mail in battery changes for it, but can you get a battery replaced for an iPhone 2G in an Apple Store?

Also I have dust build-up under the screen, doesn't mess with anything, just curious if they do screen replacements as well...

I know I'd end up paying for this, just trying to get some advice and figure out if it's worth it, or if it's time just to buy another phone. haha.

OKCChuck

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Do you have apple care protection? They'll probably charge you if you do not. Same thing for the battery.

Just upgrade to the 4. It'll be like you were asleep for 10 years, woke up to a new world. It's fantastic.

fresh1

Aug 8, 2008
Visit site
Not sure if apple store does screen and battery replacment or not ( for the 2G iphone)..

Here is one place that does iphone 2G screen replacment for $150 on sale for $130 ( its pricy on the 2g iphone because the digitizer is glued to the LCD).. They do battery replacment for $59 ..

iPhone 2G Repair - Fix iPhone 2G

You are better off getting a i4 IMO .. :D

Fresh1

Last edited:

uhanrodric

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Hahaha. I'm on T-Mobile, so the only way I'm getting an i4 in the near future, is if the rumors are true, and it pops up on T-Mobile later this year/early next year. I know apple does the batter replacement for $79. I'm just trying to weigh some options while I wait for the AT&T/Apple contract to finally end and see what happens.

Thanks for the tips! :)

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2