My iPhone is saying I'm several miles away from where I am exactly. I live in North Bergen, New Jersey but my phone is saying I'm in the middle of Manhattan. I have been checking both indoors and outdoors. Sometimes it will be to the address I'm in front of exactly, and others I'm Miles away. I'm not even in the circle around the Pin.

Anyone else have this problem? Is there a fix?
    07-21-2010 08:25 PM
    When im inside it will be way off but its good outside
    07-21-2010 08:48 PM
    Yeah mines the same way. I will never win at 4sq at this rate.
    07-21-2010 09:10 PM
    My iPhone is saying I'm several miles away from where I am exactly. I live in North Bergen, New Jersey but my phone is saying I'm in the middle of Manhattan. I have been checking both indoors and outdoors. Sometimes it will be to the address I'm in front of exactly, and others I'm Miles away. I'm not even in the circle around the Pin.

Anyone else have this problem? Is there a fix?
    Fix Steps -
    1. Reset your iPhone
    2. Restore your iPhone
    3. Restore your iPhone as new
    4. Call Apple, GPS unit may be defective.

Is it saying it has a GPS lock and not just wifi/cell tower range?
    07-21-2010 09:16 PM
    I reset it several times. But it looks like its more of a range. The thing is I'm not even in the circle that is displaying my location.
    07-21-2010 09:19 PM
    This is not normal behavior. I have been checking mine alot and it is very accurate!
    07-21-2010 10:32 PM
    What apps are you guys using?
    07-22-2010 09:46 AM
    Right now I'm using Maps, Momento and Where, but I'm looking into getting a turn by turn navigation. I don't want to spend money on a navigation App and not have it work.
    07-22-2010 10:11 AM
    The GPS should be accurate, maybe the maps database is buggy
    07-25-2010 02:46 AM
    Just to keep everyone informed. When I'm outside maps lately has been working better. I downloaded a turn-by-turn app and it's been pretty accurate. At one point I was driving down a main road and it said I was in the middle of nowhere, but after a reset it found where I was. Whenever I'm inside however it's never anywhere near where I am (which defeats the purpose of Find my iPhone). But whatever, it's working enough to get me where I'm going.
    07-25-2010 06:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD