Handy Light TETHERING APP, anyone snag it besides me?

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
So was anyone else lucky enough to snag Handy Light in the app store? It secretly allows you to tether by creating a ad-hoc network from phone to mac or pc. Anyway it was .99 cents. Up for an hour now pulled! Anyone else besides me grab it? It's pretty sweet, how are your speeds???

tredstone

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
Curious to see if Apple will use their app "kill switch" in order to remotely remove the app from people who were able to download it before removal...

People who are jailbroken might want to make sure they've disabled it through sbsettings, just in case.

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
you cant tether it to you ipad without a laptop as the intermediary. Only reason I would use it would be to tether my ipad, so its useless for me anyways...

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
you cant tether it to you ipad without a laptop as the intermediary. Only reason I would use it would be to tether my ipad, so its useless for me anyways...

Yeah but for the millions with MacBook Pro's and Windows os machies who just want to get online with our gear, it's sweet stuff

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Curious to see if Apple will use their app "kill switch" in order to remotely remove the app from people who were able to download it before removal...

People who are jailbroken might want to make sure they've disabled it through sbsettings, just in case.

They never did this for PDANet, some people are still using it, so I'd say no.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Dammit. How did you hear about it before it was pulled? I'd give anything for that app. What was it advertised to do?

It's just advertised to show different flashlight colors. The easter egg is enabling tethering without paying AT&T's rates. I assume this works on other providers worldwide if it was available in those stores.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2