Genious Bar

Scuba629

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I've been having some reception issues. Or at least what I think is reception issues. My question is do you think a visit to the Genius Bar will help? I already need to go up there to get my refund for my bumper but I dont know if another phone will be any better..

I've read that some have gotten another phone and it fixed their problem all together. Thoughts?

OKCChuck

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Is it though? I have the bumper on my phone and when im in those certain areas I can see at least 1 or two bars of 3G, but I can't get anything on data.

2ytpmz4.png

I'm in downtown OKC. I should have five bars, I have one.

Scuba629

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I usally have my issue in a main city area too.. Baltimore... Looks about the same as your screen.. Can you access data? When I have that screen I can't pull up anything.

Scuba629

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Mine is fine after a reset to the signal.. I turn Airplane mode on and then off after a few seconds and everything changes.. I get a few bars more and am able to get on data. It doesn't always work like that but it does most often. Its like my phone doesnt want to switch cell towers or something weird.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
do stores have replacements in stock these days? And if they don't have it in stock what would they do?
They usually have designated phones for exchange.

They are brand new, but w/o the box and everything
else. I got mine switched out in 10 minutes and my
goal wasn't even to switch it out. So 5 minutes for
the wait and 5 minutes will he got the paperwork to
get me a new phone.

I've never been so pleased with a company like I am
with Apple when it comes to exchanges and customer
satisfaction.

Scuba629

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
They usually have designated phones for exchange.

They are brand new, but w/o the box and everything
else. I got mine switched out in 10 minutes and my
goal wasn't even to switch it out. So 5 minutes for
the wait and 5 minutes will he got the paperwork to
get me a new phone.

I've never been so pleased with a company like I am
with Apple when it comes to exchanges and customer
satisfaction.

Didn't go like I had planned. I went in and told him about the data issues and he suggested I either.

1. get a new sim card
2. do a full firmware reset

so I got a new sim from the att store in the mall and I guess we will see how that goes..

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Didn't go like I had planned. I went in and told him about the data issues and he suggested I either.

1. get a new sim card
2. do a full firmware reset

so I got a new sim from the att store in the mall and I guess we will see how that goes..

For certain problems they have a "checklist" of items to go through before they will do a swap ( unless it's an obvious hardware issue )

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I guess I should have figured that out.. if I still have the issue tomorrow I will bring it back in.
I do apologize, but I always let them know I
have do full wipes and sim swaps.

Hopefully that does fix the issue though.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
They are pretty good about listening to you. I recently had my MacBook Pro's logic board replaced. Initially he said this is a memory error. I told him that is what I thought and tried memory that I had purchased recently for another MacBook Pro. He said was it Apple ram. I said YES it was. I then explained that I didn't think it was RAM because the video had been acting funny. When I booted it would just beep. So, he said okay sounds like a logic board. Let me see if we have one for this model in stock. Came back 2 minutes later and said. It will take us about 3 hours because we are a little backed up, can you leave it and come back. I said sure! We went to eat and walk around the mall awhile. Came back 3 hours later and it was ready to roll. ZERO COST!

When they ask you about trouble shooting you must tell them what you've done upfront!

TLD1

Retired Moderator
Jul 19, 2008
Visit site
I sure didn't like the 3.5-hour one-way trip to my nearest Apple store in St. Louis (come on Apple...open a store in Springfield!!)...the experience was excellent. I was having intermittent proximity sensor issues that they could not reproduce, but gave me a no hassle exchange anyway. I've always been impressed with Apple service over the years.

Scuba629

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
They did replace the phone. When I got home I was going to try and just keep it fresh but then I noticed all my games forgot where I was. So I just restored from that. It appears to be working well so far. My data is always working and I haven't dropped as many calls.

Just have to get my zagg shield installed again. kinda dont want to put my bumper back on either. sucks that I still need it. oh well its a great phone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2