I was at Best Buy and picked this up today. The Best Buy rep had one on his iPhone 4 and totally convinced me. He stopped me from buying an iFrogz.

F8Z623 Belkin Shield Micra for iPhone 4
    06-27-2010 02:21 PM
    I would love to go naked but the antenna issue just isn't going let that happen. I should be getting my Blk Bumper this week.
    06-27-2010 02:41 PM
    Naked for sure. Until I see a case that's worthy of my 4, it'll stay that way
    06-27-2010 02:44 PM
    Although the phone is extremely beautiful, I'm opting for the otterbox commuter series. I had one on my 3GS and it doesn't increase the profile that much at all and I love the feeling of knowing my device is completely protected.
    06-27-2010 03:08 PM
    Naked for now. Waiting on a screen/back protector. If the reception issue doesn't get resolved I may opt for a zagg like protector on the sides (if it prevents it?). The only case I'd opt for is the incipio feather if it comes down to it.
    06-27-2010 03:09 PM
    Although the phone is extremely beautiful, I'm opting for the otterbox commuter series. I had one on my 3GS and it doesn't increase the profile that much at all and I love the feeling of knowing my device is completely protected.
    Going along with what I said above... That case won't be available for another few weeks or so so until then I'll be goin naked so I can keep gettin the " oh man is that the new iPhone" comments. It's a big discussion piece everywhere I go
    06-27-2010 03:14 PM
    I have a bumper to try out and see if it helps the signal drop, but not sure I'm going to keep it. It gets in the way and I can only plug the Apple USB cable into it (no 3rd party). Also, the rubber makes it harder to get in and out of my pocket.

I DO like the fact that I can set it on a desk without the back glass getting scratched. So I'm still on the fence.
    06-27-2010 03:23 PM
    I got the Griffin Reveal for iPhone 4. Its got black around the sides kinda like a bumper and on the back its clear so it displays the sleekness of the phone. I love this case so far! protects the back from surfaces and still shows the phone off!!!
    06-27-2010 03:29 PM
    I ordered the bumpers, but now wish I would not have. I am still waiting for delivery, so I am considering refusing the package. This weekend I picked up the gray smoke RocketFish case and it is sort of wavy design and yet you can still see the Apple Logo. Looks really cool, fits really well. Seems to provide decent protection for the back and sides.

I personally can't imagine not having a case or shield on my phone. I think it is just crazy to leave one of these phones totally unprotected. Different Strokes for Different Folks! I got a lot more sense than money, but that is my take.

06-27-2010 03:57 PM
    I got a lot more sense than money
    Ha! There's a lot of people who don't have either and have filed Chapter 13 because of it. Sometimes a man who has common sense is richer than a man with none at all.

Speaking of different strokes.....I didn't think I'd like it at first but I'm a bumper man. Not sure if I'll get any other protection.
    06-27-2010 04:05 PM
    I have a bumper to try out and see if it helps the signal drop, but not sure I'm going to keep it. It gets in the way and I can only plug the Apple USB cable into it (no 3rd party). Also, the rubber makes it harder to get in and out of my pocket.

I DO like the fact that I can set it on a desk without the back glass getting scratched. So I'm still on the fence.
    My sentiments exactly. I keep bouncing back and forth. I'll probably end up going caseless most of the time.
    06-27-2010 04:07 PM
    Speaking of different strokes.....I didn't think I'd like it at first but I'm a bumper man. Not sure if I'll get any other protection.
    lungho you ole road dawg, you are going to make me accept that package and try it. hehehe
    06-27-2010 04:08 PM
    lungho you ole road dawg, you are going to make me accept that package and try it. hehehe
    Ha! Be wary of of one thing about the bumper. Some of my old charge/sync cables don't fit in the phone with the bumper on. That's something to take into consideration.
    06-27-2010 04:18 PM
    Ha! Be wary of of one thing about the bumper. Some of my old charge/sync cables don't fit in the phone with the bumper on. That's something to take into consideration.
    Good info, thank you!
    06-27-2010 04:29 PM
    I got the Griffin Reveal for iPhone 4. Its got black around the sides kinda like a bumper and on the back its clear so it displays the sleekness of the phone. I love this case so far! protects the back from surfaces and still shows the phone off!!!
    My buddy at work has that phone case and the clear backing is scratched up. It is very easily to mark it up. It looks like poo. I would return it.
    06-27-2010 05:06 PM
    My buddy at work has that phone case and the clear backing is scratched up. It is very easily to mark it up. It looks like poo. I would return it.
    That is why I put the invisible shield on mine front and back before putting it in a case. Most of these cases will scratch the crap out of your phone.
    06-27-2010 05:21 PM
    I'm not talking about the phone, I'm talking about the acrylic see through part of the case. I know that is the purpose of a case but the scratches on this particular case just looks ugly. To each his own I suppose.
    06-27-2010 06:10 PM
    I have the griffin case and I love it! No scratches thus far, maybe I'm just more delicate with mine? Not sure but either way I think it looks sleek and is keeping my phone protected! I would definitely recommend this case.
    06-27-2010 06:15 PM
    Mostly going without a case, but I'll get one for unexpected times when I think it might need protecting. I just love the feel of the naked iPhone, and I completely lose that feel with a case. I may, however, put a Zagg on the back only because I don't want the orange peel look on the front. I tried the Belkin Grip Vue, and I find it way too hard to press the volume buttons. I think that the Griffin Reveal will get all scratched up on it's clear surface, so I'm avoiding that, too. I'm looking forward to see what Seidio will offerL their upcoming holster that's make for a naked iPhone intrigues me.

Anyway, I love the iPhone bare!
    06-27-2010 06:19 PM
    How do you carry your iPhone in the car? Mine is always securely seated in a dash mounted holder- a case would get in the way. OTOH...if Apple doesn't correct the antenna issue my answer is that I'll be carrying my iPhone 3GS (again) naked!
    I used to have it in a holder that hooked the iPod up thru the cigarette lighter. Easy view and it charged at the same time. I just got a car with full iPhone/iPod integration, so now it says hooked up to the cable in my glove box. As a bonus it helps me resist the urge to text at red lights, lol.
    06-27-2010 08:36 PM
    I'm definitely more of the commando type but the bumpers actually look half decent so I'll probably pick one up for my girl who sometimes has the dropsies, lol..
    06-28-2010 01:10 AM
    naked for now til' they are more common then it will be covered. People => "oh is that the new iPhone? how nice"
    06-28-2010 04:31 AM
    I was going to go naked, but I couldnt risk the chance of dropping it. I went to Best Buy and bought me a Belkin clear case. The only down fall is it makes the phone a little thicker. I kinda of like the thin look of the iphone 4., but I'd much rather have it a little thicker and it be safe and covered.
    06-28-2010 10:25 AM
    ordered a skin from bestskinsever and I'm going to get a bumper. I think I want a white bumper, I want to see them before I do it, but I think the white on black would look pretty slick.
    06-28-2010 11:22 AM
    I love the way it looks! It has a very sleek design that's awesome. I want to try a bumper for protection, but I just can't bring myself to cover it up yet!
    06-28-2010 11:26 AM
80 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD