Why NO White, Apple?

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
Is this a dumb move or what???? Why are they NOT selling the wht iPhones until later??? I bet Apple would have made alot more $$$$$ if they had the wht AND blk iPhones available for launch...so whats the logic behind this "strategy"???

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
I think they were unsure if there was a demand for white.
So they went the logical route, and produced as many iPhones in black as they could for the launch date.
It makes sense, but I myself wanted white too, and wish they would have at least done a limited white release.

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
My guess is, with the Giz leak, the "white" iphone was a surprise addition at the last moment. To give it something extra. Thus was probably behind in production against the black version. Thats my guess....

Personally I wanted white, BADLY. But black makes sense to me for video viewing and such. My best guess, they'll creep out by August just around the time they announce new iPod Touch's and such.....i am only guessing....

Oh and stop being racist, the white iphone and black iphone are both equals. ;) :p :D :D ;)

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I'm going to guess that it's easier to ramp up production (if needed), on one model than on two.
In this case, everything is the same except for one 'final assembly' component, but maybe it simplifies things.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Because they realized it's the ugliest damn mobile phone color choice with this particular design ever invented.

It's just hideous.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
My guess is that there was a production problem with White and that's why they didn't let people reserve or pre-order them, but there will be limited supplies available on launch.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
If you read carefully, he started off with my guess. It's just that, his guess on what's going to happen. How you read it any other way is my question...

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
The bigger question to me is why Apple wont make any kind of statement. We ALL know by now that the white ones aren?t coming out Thursday June 24th. You would think Apple would feel bad for announcing a white iphone for pre-order June 15th and Launch on June 24th and not explain what happen. I mean, we don?t need to know the exact details, but we would LOVE to know the basics as to maybe a error, or flaw, or low demand, something. Just my 2 cents.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Has to be a production problem which probably resulted in preorders being delayed past june 24. Apple is being quiet on this. Maybe some defect came to light.

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
The bigger question to me is why Apple wont make any kind of statement. We ALL know by now that the white ones aren?t coming out Thursday June 24th. You would think Apple would feel bad for announcing a white iphone for pre-order June 15th and Launch on June 24th and not explain what happen. I mean, we don?t need to know the exact details, but we would LOVE to know the basics as to maybe a error, or flaw, or low demand, something. Just my 2 cents.

......agreed!!

nmoreman

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
How could Apple have made anymore money with white ones than black? Everyone they have made is sold, probably made black faster and therefore did sell more - unbelievable

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2