At&t Is Messing With Me

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I just got an email from AT&T with the following...

SUBJECT: Let's Talk About Your New iPhone

"OH JOY" i thought, "My iPhone Has Shipped!"

BODY OF MESSAGE: Dear <INSERT NAME HERE>, We hope you're enjoying your new iPhone 3G. Here's some important account information and easy-to-use self-service options to make using your new phone and managing your account as flexible and convenient as possible. So, let's get started.

?!??!??!??!?!??!???????!

Now, I DID install iOS 4 on my CURRENT iPhone 3G, so I had to go thru the activation process. Could THAT be the reason. I did notice that my account contract shows an end date in 2012. Will this effect the iPhone 4 activating to replace my 3G?

Last edited:

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I got a message Welcoming me to AT&T even though I had ordered it from Apple. I am an existing AT&T customer too, but knew better than to order from them. Anyway... Mine doesn't give the type iPhone, it just says iPhone! Along with other information about using the iPhone and my Plan!

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I added an update after you posted your reply. Here is the update:

"Now, I DID install iOS 4 on my CURRENT iPhone 3G, so I had to go thru the activation process. Could THAT be the reason. I did notice that my account contract shows an end date in 2012. Will this effect the iPhone 4 activating to replace my 3G?"

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I can't really say, but my email was a direct result of pre-order my iPhone 4 from Apple. Basically AT&T was Welcoming me and letting me know about my iPhone and my Plan.

The email was titled: Your iPhone CSS

A portion of the email:

Thank you for choosing AT&T and iPhone!

You can access your Customer Service Summary (CSS) for your iPhone account at any time by clicking here or by visiting att.com and logging into your wireless account.*

Your CSS outlines AT&T services, charges and policies for your iPhone account including:
Charges on your AT&T bill
Your rate plan for iPhone**
Voicemail information
AT&T policies and much more

lazerbyte

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
I got the same two emails today in my email the CSS one earlier today and I got the one about the 3G one about 20 min ago!

It shows on my account that my iphone shipped but I have not received an email acknowledging it yet. I do have a tracking number from fedex however so this is really strange!!

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I got the same two emails today in my email the CSS one earlier today and I got the one about the 3G one about 20 min ago!

It shows on my account that my iphone shipped but I have not received an email acknowledging it yet. I do have a tracking number from fedex however so this is really strange!!

Mine still shows "in progress", and I have not received any other emails other than the 3G one and the CSS one.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I got that same email except mine talked about my 3GS. It disappointed me when I was really hoping it was my shipping confirmation lol

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
iPhone 4 Message from ATT

Here is my message;

Dear XXXXX XXXXXXX,

Thank you for your recent order! Your new AT&T phone will allow you to take advantage of all of the great services and features available to you as part of the nation's largest wireless family.

Follow these quick and easy steps to get your phone set up properly:
1. Charge the battery in your new phone (please refer to the instructions in your phone's user guide) .

2. Transfer your phone numbers to your new phone.
When your phone arrives, you may want to move the phone numbers stored on your existing phone and/or SIM to your new phone and SIM. Follow the steps below to transfer phone numbers from one phone to another:

&#149;
&#149;
&#149;
&#149;

Save your phone numbers to your existing SIM.
Transfer your existing SIM to your new phone.
Save your phone numbers from your existing SIM to your new phone.
Remove your existing SIM from your new phone.

For detailed device specific instructions, visit Phone and Device support, at att.com/devicesupport , and follow the steps below:
&#149;
&#149;

&#149; Type in "save phone numbers to SIM" in the 'Answer Center' text box and select Search
Click on the 'How do I transfer phone numbers from one phone to another phone' Answer Center link.
Follow the instructions for your device.

If you don't find a tutorial for your device, please refer to the instructions in your phone's user guide.
If your current phone does not have a SIM card, you will need to manually enter your contacts into your new phone once activation is complete.

3. Insert your new SIM (Smart Chip) into your new phone (please refer to the instructions in your phone's user guide).

4. Activate your new phone
After transferring your phone numbers and inserting your new SIM, you will be ready to activate the new phone.

Go to att.com/activations and select 'Equipment Upgrade' to activate your new device, or call 1-866-895-1099 .

That's it! Your new phone is now ready to make and receive calls.

Sincerely,

AT&T

MDPuckett84

May 10, 2010
Visit site
I got a similar email welcoming me to my new iPhone 3GS minutes after my wife upgraded hers to iOS 4.0 so I'm sure it's related to that and not your preorder.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
That is one screwed up message. First of all the existing sims won't fit in these new iPhones. Next it will come with a micro-sim pre-installed.

That is some funny stuff though! Leave it to AT&T!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2