New charging cord for iPhone 4?

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I can't find any info to confirm however it does look to be the same. Besides, it wouldn't make much since to change the form factor. This would drive up the cost of the phone.....i.e. slimmer profit margin for Apple.

Ivoryplum

Nov 22, 2008
Visit site
Well hopefully they improved the quality of them.
Obviously don't want them to change the connector again, so we'd have to buy new accessories.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
We know the connector is obviously the exact same, and they're not going to do something other than USB, and it's a phone so it needs to come with AC adapter.

Their hands are tied, it'll be the same. Imagine if it had a power brick? Hahaha

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
I once read that one of the reasons all the 4 generations of iPhone are similiar in size and looks are mainly cause of all the charger/clock/docks in thousands of hotels and motels across the world......

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I once read that one of the reasons all the 4 generations of iPhone are similiar in size and looks are mainly cause of all the charger/clock/docks in thousands of hotels and motels across the world......

Well that does make sense. If they did a keyboard slider it would have to be razer thin, and then it could have build quality issues and the keyboard would just suck. If they did a flip phone, again same issue. So yeah I guess they are stuck with the slate form factor, but I think it's the best anyway. No moving parts FTW!

thebrain2u

Sep 18, 2008
Visit site

On the other hand, it would be incentive to change the size a bit. Imagine, replacing all those old docks with new ones. PROFIT. Although, I imagine most of the docks in the hotels to have the removable plates, so they can just buy new adapters.

pendragyn

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
When I was ordering mine I overheard one of the salespeople at the AT&T store say that the only accessory that won't work with the new phone is the case. But that didn't make sense to me. I would think the screen protector would also be different. If for nothing else than the front facing camera.

combatdoc

Dec 13, 2008
www.ffpblog.com
pendragyn; said:
When I was ordering mine I overheard one of the salespeople at the AT&T store say that the only accessory that won't work with the new phone is the case. But that didn't make sense to me. I would think the screen protector would also be different. If for nothing else than the front facing camera.

Screen protector would be different, but remember the "official" line is that new iOS devices don't need screen protectors.

Rusty Shackelford#IM

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Perhaps the only thing "new" about the charging/sync cable will be USB 3.0 compatibility? Maybe?

It would decrease charging time when connected to your computer/laptop + faster transfer rates. I've never cared for the proprietary connection, but if it worked on USB 3.0, I might warm up to it. :)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77